8 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Anyone know recamara's new location?  I have a broken pane of glass I need replaced and don't know where to find them.  Thanks in advance.

#2 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

LOL,  the word recamara is spanish for bed....!  

Carey the family/business name is Camara('s)...., as far as I know they have closed their businesses under that name......, a son or son-in-law was operating a glass business under the name: Centralum, Av. 65 por Adolfo Rosado Salas y Tres Sur,  (987) 869-3830 / (987) 1012682

We have had very good service for glass and screens, the last few years from Solis Vidrios y Aluminio, 30 Av. 2 x 19 y 33 Sur Col. San Miguel II, (987)723-687

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for the rec.  I needed it!  Sounds like this place is down near CFE at the end of 30?  I always get confused at the addresses south of 11. So 30 between 19 y 33?  That doesn't make sense.  Landmark nearby?  East or West side of the 30??

I guess I am losing it.  Couldn't for the life of me remember the name Camara and when it finally popped in, I almost got it right as that's a word I'm quite familiar with recamara for bedroom cama is de bed.

Again, appreciate the tip a lot.  I need to take a piece of glass in as a sample so driving over first thing will save a step over calling them over to the house first.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well, I am completely confused.  I drove up and down Ave 30 slowly and never did find this glass place.  Now I've gone and bought that yellow map of San Miguel  and appears this place is on Avenue 30 btween 19 and 33.  What confuses me is that "2"   in the address listing.  Also note that the phone is short one digit.

So, Al, if you can save me and anyone else who needs windows dealt with some time -- is this place on the east side of Avenida 30 approximately one block north of the CFE offices??  Help!  I'm tired of barking up the wrong trees.

I will say that this place doesn't exactly have an easy to see sign.  I was driving 3 mph and still couldn't find it.  If it's still there.

Also could not find Centralum on 65.

Finally got so desperate I stopped in at Julians across from the Burger King.  Haven't heard the greatest things about him  but this is a tiny job it would be difficult to screw up so....

He never bothered to come over despite being given my cell number and a little map to my house.  Sigh. 

#5 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Carey,
I have used Louis Solis for several years and have been pleased with his services . I am not sure that he is the same Solis that Traveler is talking about but I have been pleased with him .

He may have moved but this is the old contact info that I have for him.

LOUIS SOLIS INFO
> VIDRIOS Y ALUMINIOS SOLIS
> 85 TH AVE SUR ENTRE MIGUEL HIDALGO Y 5 SUR COL .REPOBLADORES
> PHONE 044 987 112 2818
>

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks, Terry!

It's got to be the same company.  And I can find this address!  Will go up there in the morning.  Much appreciated.

#7 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

We have also used Pedro and Pablo, very happy with their work,  they are/were on Morelos between 50 B sur and 55 Sur, 1 1/2 block west of Boxito. 872-5456, Cell: 987-105-0021. Many of these type have businesses have closed and / or relocated due to the fact that new construction has moved futher out or rent increases could also cause them to relocate...., I'm sorry they didn't check in with me when they relocated or closed their doors.. 

#8 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yes, it was rude of them not to check with you, Ja Ja.  Thanks for the tip.

I did locate Solis but they close early for siesta and I missed them.  

I'm going to try Pedro and Pablo next as they are much closer to my house so it won't be such a long way for them to come for a small job.

Appreciate all the input.  I'll get that pane fixed yet!

#9 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Thanks very much, Traveler for the tip on Pedro and Pablo for the glass replacement.  I drove up to their place with a little map to my house and a sample of the type of glass I wanted.  They came over 15 minutes later and took measurements, went back to the shop, cut it and replaced the 5 panes in about 20 minutes.  $316 MXN.

Very nice family business.  Sweet natured Cozumelenos.  Highly recommended for fast, expert service on glass replacement and I think they also do aluminum but am not sure.

Their location is on the south side of Morelos, mid block, 1.5-2 blocks west of Boxitos on 65.  So anyone looking for this place, drive up Morelos (one way going east and between Calle 3 and Calle 5 Sur) and start watching for it on your right as you get within a couple blocks of 65.  Clearly marked over their door.  For a change.  Sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users