14 replies to this topic

#1 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

NAPA has opened on 65, South of Boxito, East side of street.

Cozumel Diving

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm not familiar with NAPA can  you elucidate?

#3 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Auto parts, I believe.

#4 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

I'm not familiar with NAPA can  you elucidate?

Major auto parts dealer. I would have posted earlier, but I had to look up the word 'elucidate'. :)

Cozumel Diving

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

:P

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#6 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Nice.  I need some gasket maker sealant today.  Will check it out.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'm shocked nobody is bitching about us having a NAPA store...were really making progress here.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#8 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm shocked nobody is bitching about us having a NAPA store...were really making progress here.

Had not thought of that.  That is funny.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#9 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

I went there yesterday to get some things to work on our boat motor.  While not as large as a store in the US, the main sales area had a good stocking of fluids, cleaners, wiper blades, etc.  The back of house looked well stocked and organized as well.  The guy behind the counter spoke English so that helped.  So instead of running around the island to look for things, I'll start here first.

Nah Ha 602

#10 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Did you happen to notice if they have the larger red plastic gas cans with spouts, Mark?  I have two but am in the market for a 3rd as I prepare for hurricane season. 

And I think everyone should know that we're not having any hurricanes here this year.  The reason is that I have spent a great deal of time and money preparing.  Most notably, I had iron clamps fastened and installed that will hold my big electronic garage door firmly in place in the event of a big one. 

That and other prep took time and money.  Which explains why we're not going to have any bad storms this year.

You can send me cash tributes any time the spirit moves you.  

#11 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I am glad to hear about a NAPA store on the island. It will make looking for parts a lot easier than going from place to place. Are you able to order parts they don't have? That would be a great plus depending on the delivery time. I'll check it out when I get down in February. I would also be intersted in if they loan out specality tools and have manuals to loan. I am sure they will do good.

#12 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

I am glad to hear about a NAPA store on the island. It will make looking for parts a lot easier than going from place to place. Are you able to order parts they don't have? That would be a great plus depending on the delivery time. I'll check it out when I get down in February. I would also be intersted in if they loan out specality tools and have manuals to loan. I am sure they will do good.

Except through Toyota in Cancun I have never been able to get parts for my Landcruiser the entire time that I have lived here. I showed the truck to the manager and he assured me that he could get any part for it that I might need. He said they could get anything. Some items can be shipped from the mainland and some from the USA (at least that is what we were told). It seemed pretty much like a real NAPA.

Cozumel Diving

#13 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Carey,

I did not notice any gas cans, but then again, I wasn't looking for them.  They did have a nice assortment of impact sockets on the wall if you ever need them to remove your new iron fittings.  And thanks for the hurricane insurance policy you bought for all of us.  Let's hope it works.

Nah Ha 602

#14 cperkins

cperkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

They dont have gas cans... i specifically asked for one about a week ago when i was looking for some (and i haven't found any yet)

I was REALLY happy to see that they had seafoam in stock. I use the hecke out of it in the states in my boat and also use it in my vehicles every now and again...

I also ordered a starter for my Jeep.. they had it in 3 days, which i was fine with..nice to be able to order things... very friendly people there!

#15 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Common joke up here in NorCal Wine Country: Napa makes auto parts, Sonoma makes wine.

:D

Seriously, they are a good parts store.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users