• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AuctionHugh

AuctionHugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

My wife and I are a professional couple in our lower 50s. We are church pastors and also run an online website design business for our living. We have the privilege of snowbirding this coming February and maybe March, hopefully arriving February 3rd and leaving march 14th.  We are looking for a beautiful, luxurious home to rent in a nice and safe area of Cozumel. We have references from the homes we rented for the last three Februarys in Florida but we are looking for something more tropical and possibly less expensive.

We are looking for a beautiful 1200 - 2600 sqft 1 or 2+ bedroom furnished house in a very nice area, preferably within a few miles of the ocean at most. If all goes well we will be bringing our small dog, who is perfectly behaved, and we are confident enough of this that we would leave a large refundable pet deposit.  We do need consistent fast internet for our vonage phone line as well as doing website maintenance.  Air conditioning is probably needed as well.

We have never visited Cozumel but have heard wonderful things about it and about the great expat community.  I am open to any and all suggestions, including the typical budget for what we are hoping to rent, and the best way to find it.  Thank you!

Update: I have read around the site here a bit more and it looks like our budget of $500 a week for a nice furnished long term house is going to be inadequate.  Any thoughts?

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

You are probably going to have trouble finding a short term rental at monthly rates during the height of high season.  

For one thing, you are making plans really late in the game.  No problem if you were coming in the off season.  But you are asking for the most plum time of the year when everyone wants to be here.

Any homes that can be rented weekly will likely be full by now for winter 2014  And long term rentals offering more reasonable pricing typically will want  minimum 3 months.

That said, I wish you the best of luck.  But don't get your hopes up too high.

#3 AuctionHugh

AuctionHugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, at this point I have pretty much figured that out.  Oh well, a guy can always hope.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

You are probably going to have trouble finding a short term rental at monthly rates during the height of high season.  

For one thing, you are making plans really late in the game.  No problem if you were coming in the off season.  But you are asking for the most plum time of the year when everyone wants to be here.

Any homes that can be rented weekly will likely be full by now for winter 2014  And long term rentals offering more reasonable pricing typically will want  minimum 3 months.

That said, I wish you the best of luck.  But don't get your hopes up too high.

#4 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi---- try belmont333@gmail.com. His house is in nice area and might be avail
Good Luck Smiles

#5 cperkins

cperkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

AuctionHugh, I sent you a PM. We have a house for rent that might work for you.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users