Photo

Long Question About Getting Money ...still Confused.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 cperkins

cperkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm thinking of using Xoom / Elektra for say a 6K USD to MXN transfer (2 separate transfers of $2,999USD)... When at Elektra are they discreet about the cash funds? I'm just curious....obviously with that much paper cash you’re not going to fit an amount like that in a single envelope.... Who has some experience with that? The last thing I’d want is stacks of cash on a bank counter with 30 people behind me waiting in line....that would make me nervous. My goal is to buy a vehicle for my house, so i do want cash over a deposit.

#22 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Go to your bank and have them lift all limits off of your card. It's your money, you can do what you want with it. Limits on most ATM's on Cozumel are between $5000 and $6000 pesos for each transaction. Some you can use more than once. Limits on the ATM will go down as the machine runs out of cash. You can always visit more than one ATM per day. I don't see the problem. If you are really worried, bring the cash with you. I don't see anyone turning down American dollars for a large transaction if you have the cash in hand. Let them figure out how to get pesos.

#23 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users