3 replies to this topic

#1 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

We wil be coming back down next week, and the first thing we usually do is go grocery shopping.

We know our favourite beer, snacks and cheese easy enough, but for some reason we can never remember our fav chorizo, would any of you locals be so kind as to let us know your own fav.

Regards David

#2 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

My favourite is at the Bodega Aurrera at the deli counter......nice flavour, less fat.

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

Paula, a great cook, tells me that she loves the grilled Argentine chorizos and they are available at most of the groceries now.  Not the thin, long, coiled argentine sausages.  The regular kielbasa shaped ones but they say chorizo argentine or something like that one them.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

The Argentine chorizos has the texture of a good Polish, or Italian sausage.   It has a little spice, but is not hot.

I have served them two ways now, both times I grilled the chorizos before serving.

My favorite way is to saute with a little butter, and quite a bit of Juga sauce, green, yellow, and red peppers, with sliced onions.  I buy a baguette  and slap that puppy into the roll, add the peppers and onions, a little salt  and am a happy camper.

The other way (so far) has been to grill them up, then put then in sauerkraut and roast them.  I was going to make Toad in the Hole, but ran out of time/interest to make the Yorkshire pudding. 

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users