• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

The house is officially sold.  Closing date is January 20th and we hope to be on a plane to Cozumel on January 25th.  Can't believe that after all these years it is finally happening.  House sold Wednesday night and I went to work yesterday and officially retired.  Last day at work is December 31st.

Now starts the hard part of getting ready.  1.  What goes to Coz with us for our November trip; our last as tourists. :)  We are leaving our 2 dive bags plus 2 old suitcases full of summer clothes here.  2.  What comes on the plane with us in January.  We will be coming with a friend to help as we will have 5 checked bags plus 5 carry-ons of which 2 are dog crates.  3.  Then we will have the pile of stuff being shipped at a later date..

I want to thank everyone here (especially Paula) for all the help we have received to date and will receive in the next few months.  And I want to thank Karen, our real estate agent from Caribe Cedral Realtors for all the work she has done in the past year and will do in the future months to help us find our forever home.  I know it will be tough with us coming just before Carnival.

Thanks

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#2 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Congratulations! I know that you've dreamed and planned and now you're really on your way! Wishing you only the best..

#3 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Congrats!!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#4 scubawoman

scubawoman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Nothing is tough except making the decision!  You will love it here as long as you think "new experience" as opposed to "well, in Canada, we . . .".  Congratulations on your planning and welcome to the best place ever!

"Friends are family we choose for ourselves!" Scubawoman

#5 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well I just booked our one-way flight to Cozumel for January 25th.  Only direct flight available was first class so we are coming in style.   :D

That's okay as my sister is coming with us and we will have 6 checked bags + 6 carry-on bags between us; two of which are dog soft crates.

Retirement in Cozumel is getting closer.  

YAHOO!!!!

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users