• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smiling028

smiling028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Can anyone tell me about there exprience with this hotel.  Is the beach nice, can you get into the water from the hotel? Can you snorkle onsite? Just anyone's overall view would be nice...thanks

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

Across the street from the water. Snorkling OK, but just OK (not unusual/ most reefs are off-shore). Very quiet property, especially at night. Walking distance to many bars and restaurants. Too far to walk to town, unless you need the exercise.

Cozumel Diving

#3 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have never stayed there but I stopped in a looked at their rooms once in prep for a future trip.  I recall they had two classes of rooms, the lower priced ones were along the back of the property and seemed a little musty/mildrewy to me.One door, not many windows.  I could have handled it but my wife couldn't.

#4 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

We stayed there once. That was plenty for us. It's inexpensive, which doesn't always mean cheap, but in this case does. "Musty" describes the atmosphere well. For a budget stay, we prefer Hotel Cozumel non-AI.

#5 divern2h20

divern2h20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wife and I have stayed at Villa Blanca for several years now.

Usually January for 10 days.We stay in the superior rooms and prefer the ground floor closer to the resturant. That cuts out the street noise.

The rooms are very clean and the gardens are nice for enjoying morning coffee. ps no coffee maker in the room we always buy a cheap one and give to the maid when we leave. The "musty" to me is just Cozumel ,we started in AI's then rented private homes and its always the same, open it up and air it out and all's fine.

Staff hasn't changed much in years and are very nice folks, Jorge the manager is very prompt and will reply to e-mails usually no later than the next day.

The small man made beach is good for sitting but we usually go to La Palapita(sp) bar next door for sun and people watching.

Easy entry at steps for a swim but not alot to see there. We always rent a car and travel through out town and around the island.

Wherever you decide enjoy!

#6 artgirl

artgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

My hubby and I stayed there for 2 weeks in July.  The room was just off of the restaurant/bar/pool area ground floor.  We never had a musty smell in our room.  It was impeccably cleaned except for two days when a substitute maid was there and then it wasn't that bad.  I loved the layout of the room and the bed and pillows were comfy (and that's usually difficult to say about Cozumel bedding).  Air conditioner worked like a champ and so did the full size fridge.  We walked on the skeeter-ville beach across the street but never swam there.  I think it's a great value especially for a flight/hotel package, but if you are looking for the whole enchilada with posh room, walking distance of town and lots of extras at the hotel, this place isn't for you. We were looking for lux... just a clean place to crash and hang out when tired, cuz we spend the majority of our time outside when on the isla.

#7 cozdaddy

cozdaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scubadiving, underwater photography. Landscape and people photography

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

My wife and I have stayed there for at least 5 years and we always liked it we were always upgraded to a suite, which has a king size bed, a fairly large bathroom and a small couch/daybed, TV 5gal jug of water and a small frig. We never noticed a musty smell it was always clean and neat. We liked since we dive with Dive Paradise we would have breakfast at Papa Hogs and catch the boat at the dock right across the street. First on last off.

It's not a 5star but it's not a dump either

Breath in Breath out move on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users