La Cocina Itiliana

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cozdaddy

cozdaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scubadiving, underwater photography. Landscape and people photography

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

I know I might make some people upset, here but my wife and finally tried La Cocina Italiana and well I wasn't all that impressed, I had the lasagna and it had been setting out for awhile and they had to nuke it and there was no flavor. My wife and the stuffed chicken breast with spinach and a side of spaghetti. She let me taste her's the chicken was good but cold and well the spaghetti was like the lasagna bland. On a good note the tiramasiou was awesome.

Now before everyone gets out the crosses to burn me at the stake I know every place has bad bays so we'll try it again. But personally the lasagna at Guido's is three times better than La Cocina  Sorry.

Breath in Breath out move on

#2 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear you had a blah lunch. I've been several  times and it has been fabulous.  Possibly there isn't the demand/turnover in the low slow season, but still...

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#3 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I will not bash you at all.while I really like the Italian kitchen everyone has their own tastes.
Some places people love I just don't get like El Moro, sometimes we just don't like the same thing.
Besides we all know the best Italian food doesn't come from Italy it comes from New York City
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#4 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Find both the food and the ambience at La Cocina Italiana excellent. Haven't been there lately, maybe a change in personnel???, but at meal times when I've been there, it's often a question of getting a seat/table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users