football

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

I searched on this site for "internet" & found some posts suggesting you can get high speed internet for a good price.  I searched "football" & got nothing.  I love US football!  College is my favorite & the NFL is a close 2nd.  Does the cable company offer US sports packages?  I can always buy a Sling Box and give it to a friend here to use on his TV & watch it on my computer, but I'm at the mercy of whether he'll be home that day or if he has conflicting games he wants to watch and whether he'll remember to turn it on.

This is a very small matter in the big picture, but it's something I've been wondering.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

You can get the NFL Sunday Ticket HD via SKY satellite, all in English (including all ESPN and NFL Network). Much less expensive than in the states. If you get cable/internet via Cablemas you can get selected games, plus play offs and SB, but only in Spanish. NCAA football is hard to get here unless you have a USA sat system. Kind of pricey. iTunes offers MLB, NHL, NBA live streaming video. iTunes is trying to get the NFL package for next season. Cablemas internet is easily fast enough to watch streaming games or HD movies on demand.

Cozumel Diving

#3 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

You can get the NFL Sunday Ticket HD via SKY satellite, all in English (including all ESPN and NFL Network). Much less expensive than in the states. If you get cable/internet via Cablemas you can get selected games, plus play offs and SB, but only in Spanish. NCAA football is hard to get here unless you have a USA sat system. Kind of pricey. iTunes offers MLB, NHL, NBA live streaming video. iTunes is trying to get the NFL package for next season. Cablemas internet is easily fast enough to watch streaming games or HD movies on demand.

Thanks Mike!  I appreciate that info.  How pricey is the USA sat system?  Approximately.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#4 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Sorry, it has been so long, that I do not know the price of USA satellite. Thing is NFL Sunday Ticket is only offered on SKY, not on the American satellite. You will probably end up  with a couple of systems. We have SKY for sports mostly and Cablemas for internet and cable. The cable came with the internet or we would have passed on it. iTunes movies, TV, podcasts, etc., of course, we watch over the internet and this includes Netflix. We have an AppleTV device connected to our TV's, so we can watch without a computer connected to the TV.

Cozumel Diving

#5 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's all good Mike, who knows what'll be available 5 years from now, eh?  I'm pretty tech savvy & can find a way to get most anything offered streaming on the internet.  I just need a fast connection & from what I've read it's available there now.  I'm betting it'll be faster in 5 years.  Being in the telecom biz I know how fiber optic technology is speeding up everything.  I appreciate your input very much!  Take care.

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

NO NAME SPORTS BAR Cozumel's photo.

1378556_543546245723810_24109559_n.jpg
It's Monday Night Football time again (almost!!) Seattle takes on St. Louis, and we're serving lasagna with garlic bread on the $6 All You Can Eat Buffet! Don't forget that with the time change the game will start at 6:30. See you at the bar!!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I vote going to Kelley's Sports Bar on 10 OR Slingbox. We use Slingbox. You don't have to attach it to a TV in the states. All you need is a cable drop in another room and hook it into a DVR (TV is not required). Yes, if you are using it with the same TV your friend in the states watches, you're at his mercy. We are hooked up in our friend's spare bedroom. No problem.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#8 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I vote going to Kelley's Sports Bar on 10 OR Slingbox. We use Slingbox. You don't have to attach it to a TV in the states. All you need is a cable drop in another room and hook it into a DVR (TV is not required). Yes, if you are using it with the same TV your friend in the states watches, you're at his mercy. We are hooked up in our friend's spare bedroom. No problem.

Thanks Kandy!  That almost sounds too easy. ;~)

#9 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

If I was going to watch the game in a bar, I would watch it at Hooters. Probably a dozen TVs. Good food. Major parties on game days and night. Excellent staff.

Cozumel Diving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users