4 replies to this topic

#1 Éva

Éva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hello everybody! 

I am going to live and work in Cozumel probably form January. I am moving there with my son, he will be a year old by then. I would like to ask a few practical questions I appreciate if anyone can give me some advice. 

- at what age can kids go to daycare? Is there a public one or only private ... if so, how much is it? 

- can anyone recommend a good reliable nanny (we are from Hungary, so if you know a hungarian speaking nanny would be the best) 

- a good pediatrician?

- is it possible to buy a play pan, a stroller (not sure if we need it) some toys maybe...second hand?

I am so excited, my head is full of questions, I don't even know what else to ask :) 

Thanks for your help in advance!

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Eva

I can only address your last question. Yes, you can purchase play pen, stroller, toys etc. here. Mega, Chedraui and several other locations have them available. I find them to be a lot more expensive than in the United States. I rent this type of item to island visitors and prefer to buy in the US when I can and bring it back.

As far as speaking Hungarian, I'd recommend getting in touch with Klara, Chad Gustafson's wife. They own Wet Wendy's and you can at least reach him via Facebook.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 Éva

Éva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thank you Kandy, I will try to find them, great to know we wont be the only hungarians :)

I thought to buy these things second hand not new, if somebody doesn t need them anymore for example.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

If you have a FB account, there are a couple of sites that have all kinds of new and used merchandise, and household goods for sale. 

Cozumel Market:https://www.facebook...27482724052040/

Segunda Mano Cozumel:https://www.facebook...79839188796563/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 Éva

Éva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thank you! This is great, I only started learning spanish but more or less I understood what is what :) good to know I wont 't have to buy everything brand new

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users