2 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

I really like Abel Salvatierra  contact info: Abel Salvatierra1 , 987 876 1111, juniorsalvatierra1@hotmail.com

He is located on Calle 5 Sur between 35 and Felipe Angeles.  Right across the street from a corner place where I buy my tires.

He will come to your house if needed or you can take keys in to be copied.  Also specializes in changing and reprogramming remote control car keys and I would be willing to bet he can also make new keys for a lot of cars.

Very personable and prompt.  Been using him a long time including when he worked for his Dad who, if I'm not mistaken, has the locksmith store right across from el mercado.

#2 sanddiver

sanddiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, cooking, hiking, learning new things, meeting new people, adventure, loving my partner.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

That is great to know, as I will have the locks re-keyed when I get there on the 4th.  Any recommendations on a plumber, one who speaks English would be great?  I am just finishing Spanish One, I have a long way to go.....but will be working on it...

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Do a search and you'll find some recommendations including the friend I use exclusively, Mario Puc.  His info is listed several places on the forums and you may find some other rec.s as well.  Search all forums not just service providers.

By the way, if it's possible and it might not be because the locks are too different, consider having all the locks keyed to the same key.  Saves a lot of work and confusion.  So maybe one for your front gate if you have one and then another key that fits every other lock.

It's easy for him to do this when he's changing the lock provided the various locks are compatible to the same type of key blank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users