• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thanks Paula for getting the tip earlier about the sheets.  We bought them now and are using them before we come down in January to show them as "used".   I think I will put them in the shipment versus our limited suitcases for the January flight but they will be in the vacuum bags for sure.  Did the same for the new towels we bought.

Now I have a question about tea.  My husband likes his Chinese tea so he bought 3 tins worth of his favourite plus a nice gift set for Raymond Kwok (owner of Chi and other restaurants) (value over $300) and I told him it would probably be okay ONLY if he didn't open them.  That is correct, right?  He planned on opening one tin soon as he is running out but I said that could get confiscated and that would be an expensive lost. Please tell me I am right.  LOL

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

don't open any thing...and distribute it between your bags.  

If it is open, then customs figures...it could be anything you put into the box, package, or container.

Between you two, you are allowed $600 usd's, 

BTW, I love Raymond and his wife.  Have you been to their store across from the cruise ship pier...they have lots of goods.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the advice.  We will actually be 3 people as my sister is coming to help with the luggage and 2 dogs so I guess we have a $900 limit.  And I won't bring the receipts as most people don't assume tea can cost so much.   :D

We spent an evening with Raymond & Roseanne when we were there.  We were upstairs at their penthouse apartment at Plaza i95 but it was late and we just sat on their balcony talking.  We will have to make it to the downstairs restaurant and store.  Raymond told Joe he would be the 9th Chinese on the island.  LOL

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users