Bike Bicycle Mountain Bike Cozumel Playa del Carmen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

I’m selling my 24 speed, GT XCR mountain bike. I rode it for about 2 years on the trails around Richmond, VA.  When I realized I wanted to be more competitive on the trails, I “retired” the GT bike to Cozumel and bought a racing mountain bike.  After six years of riding my current MTB, I’m upgraded to carbon fiber, so my old race bike is getting a well-deserved retirement in Cozumel.  Storage space is the only reason I am selling the GT and it is too nice to be my unconditioned bodega. 

I’ve put a couple hundred miles on the GT in the last 4-5 years and it is washed and lubed at the end of every week’s use.  This bike is in near perfect condition and, with the exception of one or two nuts on the brake center post, doesn’t have a spec of rust on it as it is always stored indoors.  The body is aluminum/magnesium for light weight and it won’t rust.

The bike is fully suspended and has front forks and a rear shock.  It features the GT “I-Drive” which was a standard bearer for a multi-pivot rear suspension system. If you are into trail riding, it floats over everything. I-Drive was, at the time, one of the best designs for a full-suspension bike.

While in Cozumel, the original front fork started to leak, so instead of taking the fork back to the states and replacing the seals, I replaced it with a new Rock Shox fork about 2 years ago.  The new fork is adjustable on the fly and you can adjust the rebound and lock- out the suspension for road riding.  Otherwise, enjoy the smooth ride.

It’s a tough bike and will handle lots of punishment if you want it to, but it is just a comfortable on the road as a cruiser or training bike.  Here is some video I shot riding it around the island: 

Shifting is accomplished by  Shimano Alivio Rapid Fire SL’s and they work great.  All derailleurs are Shimano.

It comes with two nearly new Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires with Schrader (automotive type) inflation valves The nearly flawless paint is “tangerine yellow”.  While riding, I have had people in Cozumel stop me and ask to buy the bike.  At the time, it wasn’t for sale.  Now it is.

It comes with the original clipless pedals.  If you want a set of regular street pedals, I will bring a set down when I come down in December.  The seat post has a cam lock for easy removal and adjustment if two people want to ride it.

The first $500 USD ($6000 MP) takes it.  No cash?  No worries.  Pay Pal or credit card works, too.

Drop me a message or email and I will set up a time for you to look at it the week of 12/15/13.

Pics:

https://plus.google....205229311924773

https://plus.google....205229311924773

Here are the specs:

Frame & Fork

Frame Construction

TIG-welded

Frame Tubing Material

6061 T6 aluminum, butted

Fork Brand & Model

Rock Shox, 3.15" travel, with lockout & rebound adjust

Fork Material

Aluminum/magnesium, triple-clamp crown

Rear Shock

Rock Shox Deluxe, 4.6" travel

Components

Component Group

Mountain Mix

Brake set

Avid 1D-25 brakes, Avid SD-1.0 L levers

Shift Levers

Shimano Alivio Rapid Fire SL

Front Derailleur

Shimano Alivio

Rear Derailleur

Shimano STX-RC

Crankset

SR XR32, 22/32/42 teeth

Pedals

Steel cage, aluminum body w/clips & straps

Bottom Bracket

Shimano cartridge

BB Shell Width

73mm English

Rear Cogs

8-speed, 11 - 30 teeth

Chain

Shimano IG, 1/2 x 3/32"

Seat post

Aluminum micro-adjust, cam lock

Saddle

SDG Ventura, leatherette

Handlebar

XCR butted 6061 riser bar

Handlebar Stem

Alloy Ahead type

Headset

1 1/8" thread less Headset

Wheels

Hubs

Front: GT suspension Q/R, Rear: Shimano Alivio

Rims

Weinmann Zac 19, 32-hole

Spokes

Stainless steel, 2.0mm straight gauge

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#2 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Price dropped to $400 USD.  Coming into town on 12/14/13 for a week.  Buy this bike!  Don't make me store it in my bodega.  It is too nice to keep outdoors.

My wife has said she may want to keep my bike and ride it.  That means her green women's, GT mountain bike will be for sale for around $200.  Grip shifters, kick stand, removable shopping basket.  Barely ridden and does not have suspension.  In perfect condition with a big saddle seat.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bike, Bicycle, Mountain Bike, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users