No replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

I love the Chiapan patchwork quilts that are sold at artist's cooperatives in Merida.  Like: http://lacasadelosar...s.inmerida.com/

I have brought back several on the bus but making the trek all the way to the White City is not in the cards for me in the near future.

Has anyone seen these quilts a little closer to home -- like Cozumel, of course, Playa?  Even Cancun?

I have a newly built room that badly needs sound dampering and color and there is nothing like these quilts hung on the wall to accomplish this.  I have 4 of them and highly recommend.  Just send them to the dry cleaner first if the wood smoke smell bothers you.  (Yes, these are definitely hand made.  NOT available to buy anywhere on the internet -- just checked.)  Merida has at least 8 cooperatives where they are piled high, made 'by our sisters' as the salesmen put it.

These need to be big -- twin bedspread size minimum and matrimonial preferred.

Thanks for any leads that don't involve a trip to Merida.  (Not that I don't enjoy the city a lot -- especially on Sundays.  But it's an hour on the ferry, an hour on the bus to Cancun an 4 hours on the UNO to Merida.  So a full day of travel each way.  And, no, I've decided I'm not flying Maya Air so that isn't an option for me.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users