• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Just some info regarding importation of vehicles if anyone decides to do it.

http://cozumelnews.b...risis-pt02.html

I have been keeping up with comments from folks who are going through this process currently, and not all are as satisfied with the response times.  

But, it doesn't really matter what others have gone through, it only matters how it turns out for you.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#22 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

I believe the 2500 figure came from people who are here with their cars and are trying to backdoor using a customs broker in Chetmul who then coordinates with a custom broker on the American border 

#23 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

The broker that Aruita mentioned is the same one Patricia friend used.  So, no back door there.

There is however what's called "Chocolate plates" which is the back door.   It can be a real headache for the uninformed.

The difference in the price could have something to do with age, and type of vehicle.  But, that's a guess on my part.

But, from many of the posts I have read from people currently in the process, the price appears to be running higher then 1,500 and closer to the 2K-2.5k figure, as well as a longer process time...but you won't know until you get into it.

Delays make sense seeing how there are a few thousand ex-pats who live in Q.Roo alone who are caught  with foreign plated vehicle that they want to nationalize.

I personally would always want my lawyer involved to ensure that I am dealing with the right person, doing the right thing on my behalf.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#24 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

LOL do not know how you know who my friend used.  I have several friends who have accomplished this using different brokers.  One of the brokers I can not use because he uses the Belize boarder.  I will be using someone who will meet me at the Larado boarder.  If you google several different ways you will find a bunch of people in different areas who have not had any problems and got decent prices in a respectable time.  One must just be very careful to use registered brokers preferably with a recommendation.

#25 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

That's great news for you.  Add a post on the details on how the process went.

Good luck.

Anonymous

#26 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I will, but it will not be until August for us.  And yes we are bringing it from the statees.  There are others who have been satisfied and if you search nationalizing cars on Mexconnect.com you will find recommendations for several brokers.

#27 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

From Yucalandia on Mexconnect:

Re: [bournemouth] recommended customs brokers for nationalizing vehicles Quote | Reply | Private Reply

1. MazBeach: "The broker we used (Nogales) was Oscar Angulo. His cel number is 045 631 120 1015. His email is ancomercial@hotmail.com " ...
I can't praise enough the broker we used:

Lic. Oscar Angulo
Email: ancomercial@...
AnCo Comercializadora
Mexican Cel: 045 6311 20 10 15
US Cel: (520) 988-1936
http://www.mexconnec... Angulo;#188687

2. "Contact Sr. Hiram Cervera’s firm for a Quotation or More Info
Sr. Cervera’s firm will provide quotations and answers to questions. Use email to send them scanned files of: the paper TIP issued by Banjercito, the vehicle’s title, and your INM card. Sr. Cervera’s firm has created this email address solely for these applications: importauto@cervera.com.mx
Please make sure your attached files are not larger than 2 MB per email. Use an image resizing program to downsize large files. e.g. http://download.cnet...4-10248013.html "
http://yucalandia.co...nent-residents/

3. "There is one good quality first-hand report of an expat with the new Residency permit permanently importing a TIP foreign-plated vehicle at the Mexico-Belize border crossing outside Chetumal. This crossing is formally called the Subteniente López – Santa Elena (Free Zone of Corazol) border crossing. The successful gringo reported using the following Customs Broker:
Gerardo Uc
gerardo.uc@hotmail.com
983-732-3297 "

Options for Foreign-Plated "TIP" Car Owners in Mexico, esp for Permanent Residents

4. AlanMexicali: " Any car without letters in the Vin can be nationalized from 1984 to 2007 to be registered in other states here on the border. Cars before 1984 cost a lot as they are classified as antiques. "
"PG IMPORT
Importacion y Nacionalizacion de Autos, Pickups, Lanchas, Motos etc.

Tel. 686 554-2866, Nextel 152 14 74633
E-Mail: pg.import@hotmail.com
Local S3 C. Comercial Caballito,
Blvd. Adolfo Lopez Mateos
Mexicali B.C. Mexico

Also:
Transportes Americas
Calz. de las Americas #283
Fracc. Sonora
Mexicali B.C

Tel. 686 564 3413 Nextel. 152 1346 2410.
E-Mail: transportesamericasmxl@gmail.com
"

http://www.mexconnec...exicali;#188022

Happy Trails,
steve 

#28 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

"~ Grupo Cuevas - Nuevo Laredo/Laredo
http://www.importaciondeautos.com/
Tel. ​956-729-7004 / 956-729-7415
info@importaciondeautos.com

I called these guys today. Very professional on the phone his name was Ramone. He said if I emailed him all the ness. papers and $400 deposit it would take 3 hours he would have everything ready.. He didn't care what model car he said all the prices are the same for normal cars trucks and vans. He said they can do anything from 2007 and down 2007 was $1600 complete. 06 $1500 05 $1370 04 $1350 03 $1330. My 2002 Gmc Sierra was $1310 in Progresso they wanted 45,000pesos. My original plan was to drive the GMC out of Mexico and drive something newer in but now that I find out I can do this for $1350 I am probably going to make a trip up and nationalize my truck and turn around and drive back. None of the prices included $60 for the permit they put on your windshield to drive with no plates until you get to your home state.
I am also thinking to justify all this by going on a big shopping spree in Texas for a couple days and get all the stuff I wished I had brought before."  Mexconnect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users