• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Northend

Northend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Other than Mega, where can I buy adult jigsaw puzzles?

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

If you are a puzzle enthusiast, you will already know that there are vast differences in the quality of puzzles depending on materials used and how they are cut.  I don't know this to be the case but I would guess that puzzles available locally will be very limited and not high quality.

If you are coming down for a visit, you would do well to bring your own.  If you are here long term, consider ordering from amazon.  Go to amazon.com.  Search for jigsaw puzzles.  Scroll down the left side of the page to almost the bottom where you will see a radio box you can check for "Amazon Global Eligible".  I did this just now and they appear to be willing to ship literally thousands of jigsaw puzzles to Mexico.

And shipping shouldn't be that bad.  There might actually be no tax if its classified as a book or CD or DVD as these don't incur import taxes.  If there is a customs duty, typically amazon collects what they estimate it will be and then refunds any left overs about a month later.  I've ordered about 30 items from amazon over the past year to be shipped to my home here on the island.  They always come and they often come shockingly fast.  If the order is small -- under $50 -- sometimes they won't add on the customs fee.  In this case, when the DHL or UPS driver delivers, you just pay them whatever the customs rate is.

They really make it very easy.

My favorite puzzles are ravensburger--extremely well made  I am not a big puzzler myself but my housekeeper and her kids love them so I bring one down for them for Christmas every year.  Now that I realize I can order them from the 'zon, that's one less thing to have to stick in my bag on my next trip!

Just added a ravensburger 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle to the basket to be sent to my address on Cozumel.  $10.97 shipping on a $13.10 puzzle.  No import tax listed but you won't know for sure until it arrives it you'll be charged anything.  Prolly nothing or a very small amount.  That's been my experience.  You basically double your price after you finish with the shipping and the usual import taxes.  Depends on how much the convenience is worth it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users