Drift Fishing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Travel...almost empty nesters, extended our vacation in Mexico from one week to two in 2014 (Cozumel) and hopefully longer in time..Love meeting new people and discovering all we can about the culture where ever we go...first time renting condo. looking so forward to it.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

We are coming down for two weeks in Jan. and hubby and a friend want to go Drift fishing about half day (4 hours). They are wondering who to contact.  They usually go to Akumal but want to try Cozumel this time. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks

Cindy

#2 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Where in Ontario are you from?  And what 2 weeks in January will you be there?

We are from the Toronto area and moving there permanently on Jan 25th.

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#3 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Travel...almost empty nesters, extended our vacation in Mexico from one week to two in 2014 (Cozumel) and hopefully longer in time..Love meeting new people and discovering all we can about the culture where ever we go...first time renting condo. looking so forward to it.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hi Betty, We are in St. Catharines, and are arriving on Jan. 18-Feb.1, we are renting a condo mid town. We've only been to Cozumel for an afternoon and loved it, we have stayed in all inclusive about 7 times in Mexico Rivera Mya....

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

We are coming down for two weeks in Jan. and hubby and a friend want to go Drift fishing about half day (4 hours). They are wondering who to contact.  They usually go to Akumal but want to try Cozumel this time. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I've been fishing Cozumel for many years and for the last 6-7 years I've used Luis Erosa.  We don't drift fish as my wife & I prefer deep sea fishing so I emailed him last night to make sure he offers that service.  He responded that he does.  Here's (3) ways to reach him:

Web site:  http://www.reelactio...ingcozumel.com/

Email:  luispescador63@hotmail.com

Facebook:  https://www.facebook...zumel?ref=br_rs

He speaks very good English and he & his family have become very good friends of ours over the years.  I can't guarantee you'll catch fish, but that's why it's called fishing instead of catching.  Our last trip we caught (7) mahi mahi, (6) tuna, (1) sailfish & (1) white marlin in (2) six hour trips.  We release all bill fish & small tuna.  We've caught a lot of mahi mahi, but never caught a small one.  Have fun what ever you do.

David

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for all that great info David, hubby will for sure contact Luis before we head down. Who knows, maybe the guys will decide on Deep Sea fishing instead..

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

If you go deep sea, we have been going out with the Kaykib regularly.  Same crew Jorge and Reuben.  Reuben is taking a job on another boat, so be sure to ask for him and maybe he will come back for the charter.  Got a really nice wahoo and a tuna last Saturday. The Kaykib is a nice comfortable boat.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thanks cvchief, will check into it

#8 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi Cindy----Did your husband book a fishing trip yet??? If you are interested in just gong out for a day to cruise along the coast, have lunch .....you design your day depending on what you want to see. The place called Cielo which has many starfish and is shallow water is by far a favorite place for many. Send me an email and I will give you prices
Anetprandi@gmail.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users