14 replies to this topic

#1 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi all

So seems cablemas is having major issues with network slowdown.. voice calls cutting out.

Not sure when it started but has been since monday into tues dec 15-16 and still going

I have 2 access to 2 cablemas networks, 1 on the north end and 1 downtown. Both effected

I tried for 30min to " TALK " with support but they said we are having problems call back

Just wondering if anyone has any word

I also dont suppose they have an english support phone or forum?  ya wishful thinking.

Thanks

#2 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Not having any problems here in Corpus Christi area. 

Here's the phone number to the office 120-3057.  I've found that english there is hit or miss (mostly miss).

#3 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Not having any problems here in Corpus Christi area. 

Here's the phone number to the office 120-3057.  I've found that english there is hit or miss (mostly miss).

Ok I found someone

many thanks.

btw..they did say the rains were impacting the system badly so if anyone is having problems with

voice calls or time outs all we can do is relax.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for that local number.  It is hard to get and will not be given out by the central office in D.F. to which the local office pays not the least bit of attention anyway has been my observation.

I was going to say that the very good news is that they are actually admitting they have a problem and not trying to blame it on something inside your house.

Bad news is its coming up on Christmas/New Years/3 Kings Day shut down time.

Good luck!  And would you please keep us posted on how this progresses and turns out?

Feliz Navidad

#5 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Had no problems here near 65th, despite the rain.

#6 sanddiver

sanddiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, cooking, hiking, learning new things, meeting new people, adventure, loving my partner.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

I was supposed to get installation yesterday, still waiting, I'll call the Office tomorrow - thanks for the Local Number!

#7 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Once you have a copy of the contract with work order, you can try to talk to a technico. Be nice to the installation guy (be nice, applaud and tip $) and ask for his cell phone in case you have need of services in the future. Our little black book is out of date now, but we had contact numbers for CFE, CAPA and especially Cable and Telmex. I don't know else how we could have gained such speedy service over the years.

#8 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Morning all

Well its Friday and I have not heard from the tech who was to be out Wed/Thursday

After today Im out of town until late this month.

I did order telmex as a second option as my job requires the Net

Patiently waiting.

* Merry Christmas everyone.

#9 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

If it's important, I'd drive around and spot a Cablemas truck. Wait patiently by the truck with your work order in hand. Some technicians speak some English, but most have experienced working through a language barrier. See if they can do you the favor of coming by and checking the problem. Tip accordingly, but if you get a good one (especially with English), tip well and get their cell phone number. In the future, a phone call from a confirmed tipper usually brings quick results. If the Internet is important, it's important to establish a working relationship with a technician.

#10 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

What is an appropriate tip for this kind of service?

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#11 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

What is an appropriate tip for this kind of service?

Id think that can vary and is based on what your own heart thinks someones time is worth and maybe he has family that

would appreciate a nice gift.

#12 Panama Jack

Panama Jack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Ok I see mst of the posts are a year old, So I was back in the States for a year and I'm now back in Cozumel and my renters had cablemas as did I but when I left in 2014 Cable was working pretty good now it sucks is Telmex any better, I had to move the router where it about 10 feet from desk and it fluctuates horribly from five bars to none to totally dropping off where I have to re-enter the security key, I need some help any answers.

#13 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

They may have added a lot more subscribers in your area since you were away and cablemas has spotty response to service problems.  I would sign up for a telmex account.  They have English technicians on staff at their support offices and if the problem is outside the house, they'll fix it.  Typical response time to your home would be 3-4 days.

Assume you have tried rebooting your modem?

#14 Panama Jack

Panama Jack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hi Carey rebooted the router twice I even talked with Nemecio from cozumel wireless and he said to go with Telmex, my wife is coming down in hree weeks and she defiently needs high sppeed for work, so i looks like I'll be taking a trip to Telmex I'm assuing they have TV service as well.

#15 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

Yah, Telmex is way better.  I think they have tv now.  Not sure.  We stream tv through our computer and an hdmi connection  plus a VPN service so we can get many of the US channels without them knowing we're in Mexico.  With a VPN program, and a cable account in the states you can stream pay stations like hBO and showtime as well. Netflix already has a Mexican version but the offerings are more limited.  With a VPN you can access a US netflix account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users