5 replies to this topic

#1 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Somebody posted about the road into Punta Sur. Post said it was not doing good. That was a gross understatement, We could no go over about 2 miles an hour. We were not in a rental car and I really like the one I have so to me they ought to just close till they fix it. Half the Lighthouse building is closed also. 

These are not just potholes , some are bigger than a car length with high sides, Jeezzzzzzzzzz

#2 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Was crater the appropriate word?

#3 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

We went about 3 weeks ago and said it would be our last trip in until they fix the road. We crept in and the bottom of our car was still scraping.

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

You are not use to bad roads in Mexico. The road to Punta Sur is a piece of cake and smooth compared to other roads. Try the road from Tulum to Punta Allen or the beach road from Xcalak to Majahual. The worst one is in Guatemala. From Tikal to the new excavation site. Even the road up north on Cozumel is difficult.

#5 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

We were on mountain roads in Chiapis last year and I can attest that punta Sur was in worse shape a few weeks ago. We've been in there numerous times and have never seen the road that bad.

#6 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like the horrible amount of rain in the last few months may have caused problems.  It was ok in May.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users