Breakfast

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Gopher

Golden Gopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Travel,Snorkeling,Food & Wine, anything by the lake.

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

After asking for restaurant recommendations and receiving a number of good suggestions, I'm now fishing for a specific dish for breakfast. I love chiliquiles. Anyone have a favorite place for chiliquiles? Any favorite breakfast spot?  

#2 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I had chiliquiles at the museum a few day ago and was surprised how good they were. I would definately order them again.

#3 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

I also love chilaquiles - I get them with Chicken and salsa verde, and occasionally a fried egg on top. I've had this dish at several places, including the Museo, and I have to say that my favorite is Las Palmas -- that's right, the tourist location right across from the Ferry Pier. It has the best salsa verde, and lots of chicken in the chilaquiles.

#4 BronxJoe

BronxJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

El Coffe had really good ones

#5 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

I also love chilaquiles - I get them with Chicken and salsa verde, and occasionally a fried egg on top. I've had this dish at several places, including the Museo, and I have to say that my favorite is Las Palmas -- that's right, the tourist location right across from the Ferry Pier. It has the best salsa verde, and lots of chicken in the chilaquiles.

The restaurant on Melgar across from the muelle fiscal is called Las Palmeras. Las Palmas is a popular comida economica located on avenue 25 and calle 3. For chiliquiles Las Palmas might be good, but I suggest trying at one of the eateries at the Mercado.

#6 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

The restaurant on Melgar across from the muelle fiscal is called Las Palmeras. Las Palmas is a popular comida economica located on avenue 25 and calle 3. For chiliquiles Las Palmas might be good, but I suggest trying at one of the eateries at the Mercado.

Sorry, I always get those confused. I did mean Las Palmeras. I realize that it's a "Tourist" place, overrun with Boat People when the cruise ships are in. I just happen to really like their Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde.

#7 exierooster

exierooster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

All the food discussion here is driving me crazy and have increased my craving for Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde. I really love the museum where they serve this delicious dish.

#8 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

The museum is our favorite; excellent breakfast margaritas! We realy like Jeannies too. The view is spectacular and the food is really good. Prices are a little high buy well worth it.

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#9 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I have only had Chiliquiles on Cozumel at Fogo de Brazil (2 weeks aga) and they were very good.  We have had breakfast here 4 or 5 times since it opened and it has been very good each time with an excellent view.

#10 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

I enjoy the chilaquiles at Buccano's. They aren't so "soupy" if you know what I mean. And the view is exceptional. Great way to start the day!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#11 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I like the chilaquiles at La Candela and at La Cozumeleña.

#12 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

I have only had chiliquiles at Prima Trattoria and I enoyed them.  I found a recipe to try them at home, but the mrs doesn't like them, so I have to wait for a time when I am making breakfast for others...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users