• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lovecoz

lovecoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

We found Cascade at Chedraui -  We also found Finish Rinse and Finish tablets, but not the Finish Salt ( Sal Especial) .

In addition of the regular dishwasher soap ( Cascade or other) and the Finish  rinse agent, the dishwasher we bought need Finish Salt for Dishwasher or any other brand of dishwasher salt (sal para lavavajilla).

Dishwasher salt  does not act as a cleaning agent directly but helps in keeping dishes sparking by removing hard minerals from the water.  

We went to a few stores without success .

Does anyone know where we could find this item here or in Playa?

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

I had to Google dishwasher salt I.had no idea what it was, used for, or where to get it.

If you do the same, there are some discussions going on about using alternative salt (pool salt was recommended) which softens the water, if hard water is the problem.

You could try an appliance store, but I think you might be hard pressed to find it.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I've never heard of dishwasher salt either. I know when we run out of stuff for the dishwasher sometimes we use powered laundry detergent. It seems to work. Buy the cascade and use it. It shouldn't hurt anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users