Rumba Resaurante On 10Th!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

I'll be on the island the 2nd half of May - looking forward to checking this place out.

Us too.

Is there a Facebook site?

#22 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

Crunch - I remember you saying you were coming down May 17.  My wife and I will get to the island on May 25.  Will you still be there?

#23 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Will check you out in May.  Love authentic latin music..............and good food!

Any pics of the place?

Lots of pics on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LaRumbaCozumel, some on Trip Advisor as well. And if I was smart enough or patient enough to figure it out, there would be some here. But alas.....

#24 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Here is a link to their website and a photo:

http://www.larumbacozumel.com/

Attached Files

#25 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

To add attachment photos, choose "More Reply Options" from the bottom right hand corner of the posting window and you will see the opportunity to attach a picture.

#26 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

We went for walk downtown with the dogs and ended up at La Rumba and it was great.  We met Carlos a few nights ago when we were looking for places that offered discounts to locals AND would allow us to bring the dogs.  Didn't realize until tonight that it was the same place everyone was talking about it here.  Great Latin duo which was so much more relaxing that the loud music pouring out at Woody's on the square.

Carlos even remembered by husband's name and the duo made cute jokes about Alpo tacos for the dogs as we went to the back garden to stay out of everyone's way.  The music was wonderful and the food great.  Carlos said tomorrow night they have a full band playing from Cuba & Columbia.  Sounds like a good place to spend Saturday night so check it out.

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#27 DouglasVJohnson

DouglasVJohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

This was very inspiring!  I look forward to meeting you and dancing when we visit in late March. Thank You.

#28 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

We will most definitly be there next trip. Sounds like you have everything we're looking for: good food, cold beer and great live music.

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#29 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Dan - they are making us leave the 28th :)

#30 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the links to the website.  Unfortunately none of the links to the menu and stuff are working.

#31 Gemma

Gemma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

We've been to La Rumba 3 times since we've been on the island.  I had a violin with me and these wonderful musicians welcomed me on stage.  I had a blast.  Great musicians, very welcoming place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users