February Cannot Come Soon Enough!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 toba52

toba52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, snorkeling, travel.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Just saying "hi" to all the forum members here. Will be visiting for a couple of weeks in February, and looking forward to seeing Cozumel once again, and having an even better experience than last time. (which was excellent!). 

Good God but it is cold in Canada!

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hope you will be here for Carnival...

Event calendar from "this is Cozumel" for Carnival

http://thisiscozumel...ozumel-carnival

You will have some new restaurants to try out, and of course all the old favorites.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Just saying "hi" to all the forum members here. Will be visiting for a couple of weeks in February, and looking forward to seeing Cozumel once again, and having an even better experience than last time. (which was excellent!). 

I agree.  We will be in Cozumel Feb 10-21.  We will be missing Carnival.  :(   Bringing three newbies.  One is a diver, so he will be diving with us.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Some times I miss being a guest..the weeks working up to the flight, getting closer, the smell of the salt air getting off the plane...your familiar, it's your home away from home.

You know the lay of the land, you know were places are, and you can get there fast.

Welcome home!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Some times I miss being a guest..the weeks working up to the flight, getting closer, the smell of the salt air getting off the plane...your familiar, it's your home away from home.

You know the lay of the land, you know were places are, and you can get there fast.

Welcome home!

That is what is fun about working with tourists..........you kind of see that special feeling that people get when they first get here.

Cozumel Diving

#6 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

That is what is fun about working with tourists..........you kind of see that special feeling that people get when they first get here.

February for me too!! But, not during Carnival this year.  Never cared for the smell of steamy asphalt until I stepped off the plane there for the first time. 

Cindy

#7 toba52

toba52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

Only 12 sleeps to go! If I could find a way to never leave, I would be a happy camper!

#8 Astoria Fiero

Astoria Fiero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Travel, automobile hobby- restoration, and collection.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

We will be there for Carnival this year. Arriving in Cancun on the 18th of Feb., after a red eye. We will stay in Puerto Moralos first night, then two nights in Playa, two nights in Tulum and then a drive down to Mahahual for two nights. Then back to Playa and ferry to Coz on the 25th for 10 days  to renew old friendships. We missed last winter, so am returning to celebrate my 70th, before I'm too old to travel-hopefully not anytime soon!. Hard to believe we've been doing this since '96. Lots of changes during that time. Happy vacation to all of you, maybe we will cross paths.

#9 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

8 more sleeps!!

#10 PamF

PamF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Looking at weather forecasts for next week and I am not happy.

Looks like rain rain rain and cool!

Tell me it isn't so! :(

#11 Eddie coz

Eddie coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

I know how you feel.  We have been going to Cozumel almost every year for the last 20 years and get more excited each year.  We will be arriving Feb 8th for two weeks and we cant wait to get out of Michigan.  I feel like I used my snow blower more times this winter than I used the lawn mower this summer. 

#12 PamF

PamF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Eddie coz, have you looked at the weather forecast for Cozumel for week of Feburary 8?  It looks icky :(

#13 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Weather reports are useless...It might say it will rain, and it doesn't.  It might say sunny, and it might rain on some part of the island.

It might even say we will have fog!!!!  We don't.

You can twist yourself up, and in the end, it will be what it will be.

I would plan for sunny weather.

Anonymous

#14 Eddie coz

Eddie coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Coz2Wonder speaks the truth. Pam, don't fret the weather reports.

#15 PamF

PamF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thanks.  Just fretting a bit as last year we vacationed in Akumal and had unbelievable winds for most of the week (mid-February) and coolness.  Am hoping to get out of the cold here in Chicago for some gorgeous Caribbean warm.

#16 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

You can't believe the weather reports. It is usually going to rain somewhere on the island most every day when a cloud comes over. You'll even see it rain on one side of the street and not the other. You can be driving from one side of town to the other and the streets will be dry in one area and flooded in another. I usually like to look at the radar maps to find out the general conditions for the day.  http://wxlook.com/radar/mmcz-1.html  It's usually sunny and bright with a chance of rain or clouds everyday. If a Norte comes in it is going to be freezing cold for a few days. Usually around 60 degrees in the morning. Odds of having a bad week of weather are pretty low. When you see partly cloudy it means mostly sunny with a bit of shade.

#17 PamF

PamF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Steve. I have bookmarked the map page.

#18 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Just looked at the weather for the next 10 days. Rule of thumb: 20%-30% chance of rain doesn't mean poop. It will rain somewhere on the island for a little while. I'm seeing a great 10 days ahead, actually! No matter the weather, there is always something to enjoy on the island.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#19 toba52

toba52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Ummmmm....I have never had to shovel rain, and never frozen my butt off in a thunderstorm. I will be more than happy to take whatever weather comes our way! See ya soon, Cozumel! 

#20 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

I am looking forward to it no matter what the weather.  It will be warmer than MN currently.  The weather on vacation is 99% always better than working at home.  I agree with everyone's comments about not being able to use the weather reports as facts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users