jobs/ moving

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rachael

Rachael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:volleyball, horseback riding, swimming, dancing, singing, relaxing with friends and a good movie, learning about new cultures, perfecting a Spanish (never ending!) I love animals, I love history and culture, eating amazing food. I love exploring, I really want to learn how to surf and dive. I love to travel and try new things.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Rachael. I am moving to Cozumel in a few weeks and I have been looking for a job. I am hoping that I can find one before I leave. If anyone knows where is hiring or maybe you own your own business and are looking for someone one let me know! I am willing to pay for the visa myself I just need you to help me get it along with the job! I have included my resume along with this post for your convenience. If you need it translated to English just let me know!  

Thanks!

Rachael

Rachael Slatter

stardustrach@hotmail.com

Educación: secundaria: Cental Senior High School secundaria clase de 2008: completado 4 años de español

Premios y Distinciones:

High School Diploma

Nacional Española sociedad

Cruz Roja para rescuar professional

Certificado de Serve Safe

Sobre mí:

Mi nombre es Rachael Slatter. Puedo leer y escribir español, así como ser capaz de hablar profundamente. Tengo el don de lenguas y recogido a español muy rápidamente y fácilmente. Continua a aprender cosas nuevas cada día. He estudiado a español durante cuatro años. Trabajo muy duro y estableco metas altas para mí. Junto con eso, servicio al cliente sólo es natural para mí. Lo he usado con cada trabajo que he tenido. Tener conocimiento básico de Microsoft word, excel y power point. Me siento cómodo con las computadoras y personas. Tengo 4 años de experiencia de ser gerente y no necesito ser micro lograron para terminar el trabajo. Servicio al cliente y haciendo lo mejor que pueda en el trabajo es mi prioridad número uno. Trabajo muy duro y me gusta trabajar con los demás en una situación de equipo y también con los clientes.

Empleo:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

actualmente emplean posición:  Gerente asistente

lista de responsabilidades: Me aseguro de que el restaurante es limpio y listo para ir al aproximo dia. Aseguro todas las reglas y regulaciones son seguidas por consiguiente, enseño a mis empleados la forma correcta de servir nuestros productos. Hacer un seguimiento de todo lo que está pasando en mi restaurante en todo momento, estar seguro de que los clientes se les sirve el mejor producto y regresen, mantener registro de mano de obra, ventas, dinero, inventario y también estoy encargada de aplicar las acciones disciplinarias necesarias. Hablo Espanol todos los dias con empleados y tambien con los clients si es necesario.

Leeann Chin Chinese Cuisine

01/04/11 a 30/04/13

Posición: Gerente Asistente

lista de responsabilidades: corre turno con eficacia y rapidez, enseñar y hacer cumplir políticas de empresa, tomar quejas del cliente y solucionar el problema. Empresa Contabilidad y seguimiento de las ventas. También estoy encargado de aplicar las acciones disciplinarias necesarias

Wendy’s

01/05/10 al 04/10/12

Posición: Supervisor

lista de responsabilidades: Me aseguro de que el restaurante este limpio y listo para ir al principio del turno, aseguro todas las reglas y regulaciones son seguidas por consiguiente, Enseño a mis empleados la manera correcta para servir a nuestros productos, hacer un seguimiento de todo lo que está pasando en mi restaurante en todos momentos, mantener registro de mano de obra, ventas, dinero, inventario y también estoy encargada de aplicar las acciones disciplinarias necesarias

#2 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

It would be remote to obtain more than possible pointers to pursue via this website. I believe I am the only person to have held a peon job with fellow coworkers who some had not completed the eight grade. I later had my own working papers that offered some limited possibility of working beyond my own company. Every application process involves approval by Mexican immigration. The entire process has been rewritten, all rules and procedures have changed twice in the last 30 months and I have no idea the current procedures. I only know a handful of foreigners working now, but even three years ago I might have known dozens. It ain't getting easier.

Your experience may be fine, but what talents can you bring that can not be filled by a Mexican. Any kind of minor supervisory position which entailed having Mexican employees taking orders from you, that just is not going to happen. Restaurant trade is pretty dismay in opportunities for a foreigner as there are many programs, both college and vocational training locals for jobs with duties you might qualify for based upon your experience. You may see expats employed at assorted gringo bars, but the majority have been here long term and reached immigrado status, they become nationalized even if they didn't follow through for complete citizenship.

You might, a very small might could find something at a resort in guest services. Understand though that high season is almost over. Yes true, it just started. Come April many places will look for means of reducing staff. Hiring is typically done in November. I'd be prepared for approval process to take a month if you had a serious offer.

You may need an appointment with Monica who does a lot of paper work with immigration, she couldn't help you with work papers, that would be done by employers, but it might be worth an investment in learning just what the current procedures are as it is unlikely a possible employer would know. There just are no longer many foreigners worker, again few that have not reach the status of functioning as Mexican. You might read Por Esto newspaper to learn more Mexican Spanish and gain more slang vocabulary, which I largely understand, but almost refuse to use myself. Personally I stick to more formal Spanish in conversations.

Good luck

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

And I will add, Rachel, bring enough money to live on for 6 months and be sure you have a ticket home or the money to cover it.  Do a search on 'jobs' and related terms and you'll come up with several threads talking about this very subject.  Good luck but keep your hopes grounded in reality.

#4 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Remember Rachel, the whole application process involves an employer submitting the papers and seeking approval from immigration. Justification must be made of hiring a foreigner rather than a local Mexican. The application process involves the employer submitting proof of all their recent tax obligations having been met too. Diamonds used to hire a lot of foreigners, but they don't any longer. I don't know the time share situation now and if they hire, many of the time share operations are sold out. Whatever you do, don't work illegally. You face deportation with a ban on returning to Mexico and leaving all your possessions behind. Sound familiar with the States? There is just so much to learn. As I stated before, if you work, it will leave very little time for any outside activities. You won't be on vacation anymore. Good luck.

#5 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

A friend of mine got a job and sponsorship from a big resort in PV because she was an experienced Yoga teacher and at that time no Mexicans were. Tourists wanted it, so, voila. She's since opened a consignment clothing store there, and still teaches yoga. Like the old saying goes... find a need and fill it. Good luck to you....

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users