10 replies to this topic

#1 Stormhunter

Stormhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone!

Found this great forum as I was trying to get some info on Cozumel. Im from NJ and going to Cozumel with my girlfriend to Cozumel late April early May. First we will be visiting her family in Veracruz and then we will be spending 10 days in Cozumel. We will be flying to Cancun and then catching the Ferry. Was wondering if with everyones experience here you guys could help me out on some stuff. First, I would love to rent a Dune Buggy or a VW Bug Convertible for the days Im there (I love those things!!!) I would prefer the actual Dune Buggys, but a VW convertible will do too. Where to rent it? All Inclusive Resort on the beach that wont break my bank but still has good quality, which one would you choose? And finally, things to do, besides the beautiful beaches, what I mean is, those days that I grab the Dune Buggy with my girlfriend and go driving around the island, cool things that I can do. Please let me know.

Thank You!!!

Cant wait!!!!!

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

First question, Dune Buggy Rental:http://htlrentals.com/vehicles.html

VW Bugs, you can rent just about any place:  Less Pay, ISIS runs about $35 bucks a day.

Two things to remember.  There is no off road driving.  The 4 wheel drive on Dune Buggies, and Jeeps has been disabled.

If it rains, or you need to store your personal items, a dune buggy or jeep will not give you a truck security.

Here's a review of hotels that might help you find what your looking for:http://www.hotels.co...cozumel-mexico/

My personal choice, that I put my family up at is Coral Princess, which is north of centro.

South of town, your going to need a vehicle.

If your not far North, you can walk or bike to town.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Stormhunter

Stormhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Thank you so much!!!

Also, 1 thing I forgot. Can anybody give me a list things that I shouldnt miss? Ex: Restaurantes, Bars, Monuments...Things like that, whatever ever they are. I dont want to go to Cozumel and then find out that I missed something that everybody knows about.

Thank You!

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

You only have 10 days, and we have lots to jam into that.

Museum

Chocolate Factory

Pirate Cruise for dinner

East side (hit all the places)

Punta Sur

Palacar Beach...take the snorkel tour out

Atlantis  Submarine

Stingray Beach

Discover Mexico park

Chakanaab Park

Dolphin, Sea Lion swim (we have two, one at Chakannab and one in town)

Shopping:  Cinco Soles.

There is so much...it depends on what inspires you.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

C2W:

We did the "Pirate Cruise" the first year we cam dow (about 20 yrs. ago).  We were under impressed with it.  Would it be worth reconsidering this time down?

VideoVern (aka: Skip)

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

#6 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

My opinion, surprisingly the "Pirate Cruise" gets complimentary reviews on the food. It has both R as well as PG rated fun, obviously over priced, it does have repeat customers, especially those with children. The music that they blare out, easily heard from Melgar, I use the word music rather loosely. You'd have to pay me and I'd bring ear plugs. I think that the more drunk you are, the higher the satisfaction level of guests. Why must so many tourist offerings include, encourage excessive alcohol consumption. I'm surprised many people remember their vacations. If considering, make sure you are in for good weather, might be neater with a full moon.

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Restaurants that I like to eat at:

Bucanno's- breakfast, and lunch.  Dinner service only on Friday and Sat nights.  Res. required

Gudio-hadn't been in quite a while, but went recently and enjoyed it very much

Woody's in the square-fun place food is good.  Live music every night

Kelly's-like their baby back ribs, and XX's on tap

OHana's-excellent Chicago style deep dish pizza.  

Gusto's-they are about 2 miles south of the International Pier

El Moro-They offer more dishes the any restaurant I know

La Perlita- the best lion fish on the island! I have it served in coconut.

Blue Angle-good food, great view.

Anonymous

#8 cperkins

cperkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

+1 Bucanno's - its my favorite place for breakfast! Great food and a nice view of the ocean.

#9 Stormhunter

Stormhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Thank you so much everyone!

Im really excited for this vacation, I found myself at night before going to be spending 1 or 2 hours looking at youtube videos of anything to do with Cozumel!!! If there any other suggestions, please let me know. Right now Im just a bit confused about choosing Hotel, seems to be so many and I would like to make the right choice!!! Help!!! Which resort do you guys think has good service, near water and budget friendly?

Thank You!

#10 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Do you want AI or boutique hotel?

#11 Stormhunter

Stormhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

I was thinking AI would be best for us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users