• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Just picked up my 3 dogs, and two cats from Malix kennels today. They are happy to be home, but had the BEST care and attention anyone could ask for.
If your looking for a kennel to board, this is the one you want.
The size of the area that the dogs had was huge.  My 3 dogs had plenty of room to rump, and run around in.

They had a huge dog house (all 3 dogs shared it) that sat up on a slap so that no water would get in.

Location (this is how I find it): Transversal to 90th. There will be a YZA pharmacy on the corner. Turn left down 90th. At the first intersection were you can make a right turn, turn.  Then a right onto 95, turn right. It is almost on the corner of 95 and the Transversal. Blue walls, orange awning.
https://www.facebook...ion=friends_tab

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I use Minerva, the vet here, to bathe and clip my poodles monthly.  She does a wonderful job and I've had many opportunities to see the kenneling facility and the dogs that stay there.  Glad to know your guys had a good experience.

I am not sure but I believe Minerva lives on site which is a plus for security as well as for any kind of emergency problems that might arise.  

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

she does live on site...24x7 care.

I like to also mention Julio from Centro Médico Veterinario Cozumel ( https://www.facebook...ion=friends_tab) who helped board all my critters until I could figure out what my longer term needs were going to be.

You can't beat the two best Vets, and Kennels on the island.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Totally agree also re Julio.  He is an island treasure always up to date on the latest techniques and meds and very skilled at what he does.  I don't think his boarding kennel is spacious as Minerva's is, however.  Or perhaps I didn't take a close enough look.Never had the opportunity to use Minerva's vet services as I started out with Julio before I met her and never felt the need to stray but I'll bet money she's excellent also.

I love Julio because he gets all the fancy stuff and let's you watch.  For example, we decided to give Nikki a dewormer after the flagyl on his bout of giardia to try and get rid of them for good.  But before you give a wormer you have to be dang sure there are no heartworms present.

So he has this little sealed packet that you open up and it has a little plastic device in it like a pregnancy test.  You put a drop of blood on the end, wait two minutes and that's all it takes now to test for heartworm.

I told my California based daughter about this and she commented that she knew they must be doing something like that because they take the blood away and keep you waiting for 5-10 minutes.  Then charge you $100.  It's fun being in on the test.  Also paying 1/3 the US price for it.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

His boarding works well for day treatment, he does have some larger kennels in the back for his rescue animals, but long term, It's Minerva.

Julio is doing much for spade and neutering on the island.  My little Panda pooch was taken along with her 8 other siblings to Julio for neutering.

I was more then happy to donate syringes to him to keep up his good work for the animals of Cozumel.

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users