1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

It's 7:00 am and time to go for breakfast. The only place that was open was next door.

Posted Image

Now is a good time to take a look at our maps and figure out where we are going today and how to get there. David has a set of Guia Roji maps and I have one from AAA. We decided to go to Coban (not to be confuised with Copan, Honduras.)

Posted Image

A drink menu that was on the wall.

Posted Image

The restaurant has a small swinging bridge that leads to a platform so you can get a better look at the lake.

Posted Image

We packed the car then went to talk to the owner of the hotel about our route. He does tours from the hotel so he would know the best way to go. He told us not to go the way we had planned as the roads were unsafe even though the maps showed them as good. He took a pencil and drew in a road on the map that wasn't there and told us to take this one. With the new directions partially set in our mind we took off.

We had to cross a river on another ferry.

Posted Image

There must be a lot of villages along the river.

Posted Image

The ferry is moved across the river by a guy sitting in a tub with a motor on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The crossing was quick. I don't remember what the cost was but it couldn't have been much more than a dollar.

Posted Image

Time for a beer.

Posted Image

#2 hverde

hverde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, biking, music, running, my kids

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

I love the ferry captain tub! Ingenuity. I'm enjoying following your journey.

Thanks,
Jen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users