Close But No Cigar...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Gopher

Golden Gopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Travel,Snorkeling,Food & Wine, anything by the lake.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Is there a reliable source to purchase a Cuban cigar? One always hears warnings of counterfeits being sold as genuine. I had a pretty reliable source in Playa so when on the island I need to start over finding such places. A Montecristo #4 while sitting on the beach watching the sunset is as good as it gets.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

It's closer then you think!

Go see Bob who has a shop at Wet Wendy's in the square.

http://www.cozumelcigars.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yea, Bob is the real deal.  I want to see his selection of decent MX cigars.  I had thought he only had Cubans.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

C2W is absolutely right.  Bob is the only one I trust!  GOOD Cubans!  Montecristo's are excellent, but but you might ask his opinion on other Cuban types.  When I was there last year he turned me on to a Dominican cigar I liked a lot.  I always bring home at least a dozen Cubans (sleeves removed of course) for my humidor.  BTW, a cigar on the beach in the morning waiting for my wife to come down for breakfast is also good.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

When you leave the melgar there is a place on the left just before you get to Fat Tuesday, it's a wood stained main door leading up stairs to a cigar place all the real deal. 

#6 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

When you leave the melgar there is a place on the left just before you get to Fat Tuesday, it's a wood stained main door leading up stairs to a cigar place all the real deal. 

Thanks, I'll try it!

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#7 July

July

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Bob is the one to go to for sure! If by chance he's not around (but I am sure he will be) then his wife, Vicky, is excellent too. They work there on the square together. Plus the are both great folks and will work with you to get you what it is your looking for. Enjoy the cigar when you get it!

#8 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

I too have purchased cigars from Bob, and was very impressed.  He even gave me a free cigar to try.  And, I liked it.  Can't remember it, but like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users