Life's A Beach...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Gopher

Golden Gopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Travel,Snorkeling,Food & Wine, anything by the lake.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

We will be staying down on the South end in Residencias Reef. We will be close to a number of beach clubs. One, Nachi Cocom, limits entrance to 100 visitors each day and charges $55 for an all inclusive experience. On a visit to the island a couple of years ago we stumbled into the Paradise Beach club late on a weekday afternoon. It wasn't too busy so we either missed the cruise boat rush or it doesn't get too crowded. My question: Is it worth the $55 to enjoy a beach club we know won't be too crowded or take our chances at one of the other clubs near us? We plan our trip at the end of February if that would make a difference. Any South island beach club experiences you'd like to share? 

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Living across the street from Playa Mia, and a hop, skip and jump from Paradise, San Francisco, Carlos & Charles, Ocean's, Mr. Sancho's, Nachi Cocom & Palancar...my favorite is Palancar.

Most of the beach clubs, except Palancar, and Mr. Sancho's have an entrance fee.  Sometimes they apply that to your bill.  Sometimes, it's only $2.00.

The beach clubs thin out after about 3pm, 

Paradise is free of tourist on Sunday (as are most of the clubs on Sunday) and really quite pleasant.  Really good food, and they also have some nice shops.  They also have a killer pool!

Ocean's is much smaller, and might appeal to you simply because it is "much smaller" which means less people.

Mr. Sancho's has a pay as you go side, and it also offers a package deal, which includes separate pool, wait staff, bathrooms, and chairs.

It's been years sense I have gone to SF, and never have been to the C&C club.

As for Nachi (Mr. Sancho's will be in the same AI ball park) being $55.00 per person is worth it?  Would you eat and drink that much per person?

I can state that when my husband and I go to Rasta's, we spend about $50-60 for lunch and drinks for both of us.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 sherrintxs

sherrintxs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

We did Nachi Cocum years ago when we would still cruise down there. I will admit, I really enjoyed it.  You receive unlimited drinks, and our waiter even came out to the water asking me if I needed another drink. lol  The food back then was soooo good.  We got a lot of food, we each received an appetizer, main dish and dessert...and I think we honestly passed on the dessert we had so much food.  When we were ready to leave, they gave us each a drink to go and went and hailed us a taxi. 

triptocozumel70.jpg

#4 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Another thing that might be fun is go to san francisco beach club and ask for chi chi charters they have a glass bottom boat that can take you to Cielo you can only get to this area by boat. Beers and water and if yo want to snorkle is $35.00 and you will have a great time away from crowds. We paid a bit more and asked for fresh cerviche and chips to be included. It was the perfect day .

#5 photonia

photonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Our favorite is Club Cozumel Caribe / Buccanos north of downtown.

Since you are staying at Residencias Reef you probably have a rental car anyway and the drive up there is no problem.
You get charged at the entrance gate - I think it is $10 or $15US per person and this will be deducted from your bill at the restaurant & bar.

We like to take our visitors there also because of the snorkeling. It s full of fishies :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users