• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

I was standing next to a foreigner in Mega, and we started chatting.  She said she wanted to buy lunch meat to make a couple of sandwiches to take to the beach.

She then ordered a kilo of cold cuts.  I said, how many sandwiches are you planning on making because a kilo will feed a small army.

She quickly purchased 6 slices of cold cuts.

I would be embarrassed to tell you some of the stuff I have said, and my misunderstand of what I was reading.  I had to leave one "store" because the people where laughing so hard...which is understandable considering what I thought the place was.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#22 cozitsnice

cozitsnice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:relaxing, singing, friends, my dogs, adventure, entrepreneurship, reading, laughing, coffee

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Just buy the cheap cell phone and you can just pop that SIM card in to your unlocked int'l phone. If it's the wrong size SIM there is a computer place right next to Le Chef that will cut it for you for 50 pesos. I bought an int'l phone and took the SIM out of my Mexi cell, had it cut to the proper size, and have been using it ever since. Another feature is if you buy 200 minutes you can also use some of that time as data. Really helps to have that option if you're in a situation where you need to know something and don't have wifi.

#23 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.  Had to play tourist with my sister who came down with us to help with all the luggage and of course the dogs.  She is now at the airport awaiting the delayed flight to Toronto.

1.  Well we got our cell phones.  Not sure what the problem was in November but a different guy at the same store (downstairs at Mega) and I got my SIM card with no problem.  Welcome to Mexico. LOL

2.  I am trying to learn Spanish.  The maid came today (comes with the rental) and she doesn't speak English but with help with Google Translate on my phone we communicated okay.  I learned a bunch of new words so my vocabulary is building slowly

3.  Have been out to eat a few places and they usually gave me the 10% local discount which was nice.  Found a few places that allow dogs too so we will have to check out those next

Thanks everyone for your help so far....and in the future

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users