25 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Just had an excellent meal at Ile -- upstairs on the waterfront between 2 and 4 so two blocks north of the ferry pier.

I had the fried calamari appetizer which was crunchy on the outside tender on the inside with a yummy side sauce.  The portion was enough for an entree and could certainly be shared with 4 people.  Really good.  My friend had a large, delicious and very different salad with a lot of fruit mixed into it and an intriguing dressing.  (I'll get that next time and save on some calories as it was extremely good from my sample.)

For the entre I had about 6 ounces of perfectly cooked fresh red snapper on a pile of green risotto (green from the cilantro.)  Also excellent with the risotto flavor not overwhelming the fish.  Friend had chicken in some kind of hottish sauce which was really good but not hot enough for her Mexican tastes -- so okay for gringos.  It was an unusually small chicken but she got half of it cut into pieces with a giant side of basmatic rice with pecans.

No room for dessert but we had two glasses each of a perfectly respectable Mexican white that did the trick.  The wine list doesnt mention they have "copas", by the glass.  But they do and the white wine choice held up.  

Venue is gorgeous.  Very upscale furnishings and spacious with a nice bar if you wanted to sit there.  Nice outdoor area as well where we sat because it was a very cool night.

Total tab for two large appetizers, two entrees and 4 glasses of wine was $875 pesos not counting the tip.  So around?? $70 US.  I'd call that a pretty good deal for good service, beautiful facility and excellent food.  Give this place a try.  I'll bet it gets really packed later in the evening -- like starting around 9 and going until past midnight.  But at 7 PM there were only four or five tables filled when we arrived on a Friday night.

#2 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Sounds yummy!  might stop there this week!!

#3 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

We've eaten there twice over the last 3-4 months.  Both meals were excellent.

On the 2nd trip, we were eating under the stars near the rail when a sudden squall came up.  The wait staff didn't miss a beat moving us to a covered spot without any prompting or comments other than, "Where would you like to sit?"

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#4 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Glad you liked it, the seared snapper was one of the better thing I have had on the island.  Looking forward to going back here again in a week or two.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Do you have any pictures for reference?  Want to try it in May...

#6 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I've been there twice and completely forgot to take pictures!  I do have one of the menu if that helps, but I am sure it changes.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#7 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

I have a couple of pictures, I am just having problems getting them shrunk up enough to post them.

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

The URL seems to be under construction...but, I did find a youtube video.

Found a foodie blog about it as well:

http://slimpalate.co...gem-in-cozumel/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#9 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

That menu is completely unrecognizable from the one I saw at the restaurant. No resemblance whatsoever.

I should add and forgot that I was a little uneasy to hear that there was only one chef's special for the night we were there and it was fondu.  Anyone who goes ask about the specials.

They had about 12 entrees including oso buco and some other veal dishes.  Quite a bit of variety and interesting treatments.  But a place with a good chef should be offering nightly specials based on what is good and fresh.

Not that either my friend or I can complain about our meal.  But a changing menu is more reassuring to me.

#10 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Looks nothing like the menu we had either in November.  Some or the pictures on the website are not of ILe either.

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

deleted the URL, and found new stuff.

In looking at the pic's Z is right, don't think we have any cliffs on the west side of the island.

I have not eaten there yet, but sorry to have posted misinfo.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#12 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

so, should I delete the URL?

In looking at the pic's Z is right, don't think we have any cliffs on the west side of the island.

That was what got me looking as well. 

#13 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

That website looks to me like a 'work in process'.  The captions on many of the photos are in latin (who speaks latin?).  Most of the links don't take you anywhere.  Perhaps they published the site to give the owners a feel for what it would look like but haven't filled in any of the real info yet.

#14 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

removed the under construction url, and found a couple of others...see my edit post.

Anonymous

#15 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

We dined here in Oct-13 and it was first class, the food was so delish and the service was spot on, oh and btw check out the swanky basin in the bathroom.

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

bantildeo1.jpg

bantildeo2.jpg

food pics to follow

#16 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

And they have outdoor seating?  Can't wait!

#17 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Yes it is right on top of Melar.  We sat outside at about 7:30 so it wasn't very noisy from the traffic. 

#18 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Food pics enjoy

foodpic1.jpg

This was the charred tomato soup with shrimp

foodpic3.jpg

Onion Crusted Pork

foodpic2-2.jpg

Glazed Duck with Cranberries

foodpic4.jpg

Chamomille Creme brulee

and I must say everything was perfecto

#19 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

We went to Ile on Friday for a second time and had a much different experience.  The first time the service was beyond 5 stars, the waiter explained everything in tremendous detail, this time our waiter seemed to disinterested.  This trip we order what we thought was the SEARED Grouper, when it arrived and was set in front of us the waiter said no Grouper, Mahi Mahi only and it was baked on top of it.  Needless to say I was displeased and voiced my displeasure, but I almost never send food back.  No appologies were made.  What made it worse was that 4 us ordered it, 2 of us had pretty over cooked pieces making it not taste very good on top of not being what we thought we were getting.  All that being said, I will give it another try based on how good it was the first time (and places do have an off night)  and request the waiter we had last time.

#20 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Please let me know.  In May I have such a long list and I need to pare it down a little.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users