25 replies to this topic

#21 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

What a lovely place! Unfortunately, the food was underwhelming. We were the only ones there tonight. The goat cheese and grapefruit salad was OK, the greens were fresh and the goat cheese wasn't too "goaty". The roasted tomato soup had a bit of a metallic taste. Husband's duck breast was nicely done, but overwhelmed by the sauce. I had the catch of the day, Mahi Mahi, and though it was touted as fresh, it didn't taste fresh, slightly fishy, mushy, and surrounded by green rice stuff with flavorless plantain chips.

Overall, we were very disappointed, to the tune of 690 pesos plus tip. Have had much better food on Cozumel.

#22 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

I went to the restaurant tonight for dinner and thought it was terrible. I had asked at least a dozen people before I went about what they thought and most opinions were good. The people I asked all had pasta dishes. I brought my neighbor and we had the tomato soup and lobster medallions. Both were bad. The soup came with a lump of sour cream in the center then they poured the soup in. Nasty flavor but good presentation. The lobster had to be the worst cooked I have had on the island. Again they
served it in a bowel then poured in the broth. Maybe I don't get this fission stuff. Lobster needs lots of hot butter and lemon juice. Nothing more. It doesn't need to be served with potatoes and asparagus in a broth. I won't go back. Cost of meal for two people was $998 pesos.

#23 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Fission stuff?  Steve if there is fission in the bowl, DON'T eat it!  Power your AC with it! :P

But I guess the place just went back off my list.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#24 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Sounds like they've changed chefs and/or 'changed their business model'  I stand by the meal I had during high season.  It was quite good and nothing like you guys are describing.

#25 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

They could have had a bad night like many restaurants occasionaly have but at those prices I don't want to take to many chances. Everyone I had asked that had been there ordered some type of pasta and loved it.  I don't like to order pasta dishes when I go out for dinner so always try something else. I just happened to order the lobster and it was way over cooked. Everyone has different tastes so I wouldn't write the restaurant off because a couple of people didn't like what they had. Give it a try. I do have a photo of the menu and will post it once I get it downloaded.

#26 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

well I would just like to add that myself and my wife ate here last Oct and everything was spot on, now coming from me that is saying something, I like my food the way it is described in the menu. I don't want to be chewing beef for hours before I swallow it, I like my shrimp nice and tender not being able to bounce them of the floor, I like my chicken succulent and also able to cut with a fork, it should come piping hot to the table if that is the type of dish I have ordered, my veg should be al dente not rock hard like a lot of restaurants serve them (on this one I have given in a little as every F%$kin restaurant seems to serve them a little undercooked.

As someone said it may be they have changed chefs, this would make a world of difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users