• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Here is a little info on our latest trip to Cozumel. We had a wonderful time as always; perfect weather all week long!

Saturday Feb. 8th

Landed at Cozumel  at 1: 25pm without any delays from Texarkana - DFW. Stepped out of the airplane and took a deep breath..ahhhh the sweet smell of steamy asphalt! We are here! My sister and brother in law were able to make the trip with us along with our friend Dan and his fiancee ( He proposed while on the island)

We got through immigration so fast we had to wait on the luggage! Got the green light through customs; yea!

Same routine; I get the shuttle tickets, Don heads out to Air Margaritaville and gets our refreshments for the ride.

Don takes the shuttle to get the jeep and I go check us in at Playa Azul.

By 3:30pm I am in my swimsuit and eating cerviches. After that it was time to get in our first snorkel of the week.

We had a nice dinner at La Mission.

Sunday Feb. 9th

After a well needed nights rest; we had breakfast; it was great to see the  breakfast crew at Playa Azul. We then drove around trying to find the new location for the church services I have attended before, but could not find it.

Sunday afternoon we spent over at the Playa Azul Beach Club. The band Nightmare was playing and they were just great! Did some more snorkeling also.

For dinner, we ate at Mosaicoz; love the pizza there! We hung around on the square for awhile; went  to Woody's and listened to Paco sing a couple songs.

Monday Feb 10th -

After breakfast  and a morning snorkel, we took off on a beach hopping trip around the island. Our stops were the Money Bar,  the cold coconut place, Playa Bonita and Chin Rio. We had dinner at Palmera's

Tuesday Feb 11th

We hung around Playa Azul most all day snorkeling and sitting on the beach. We had dinner at Costa Brava; one of our favorite places to eat.

Wednesday Feb.12th

After breakfast and snorkeling, we made our way into town to do some shopping and then came back to Playa Azul to hang out and do some more snorkeling. We took the Pirate ship dinner cruise; this is always lots of fun. And, Don and I won the balloon busting contest! We were up against some much younger 20's and 30's something couples. We were last and had to beat a time of 22 seconds; well we got r done in 16 seconds! Broke my watch and took the hide off my knee; but, the coach in me came out and I could not lose! So much fun! The crew does a great job, very good food and great entertainment!

Thursday Feb. 13

My sister and I had a scheduled visit to Cuidad de Angeles orphanage. The director gave us a very detailed tour and visited with us for almost 2 hours. What a wonderful blessing it was for me to visit there. I have it on my list as a place to volunteer  when I retire and spend a couple months a year on the island.

We spent the afternoon hanging out on our beach doing the usual, eat, snorkel, eat, snorkel.

My plan was to go to El Moro. We finally found it only to find it closed. ( have since found out they are closed on Thursday) Next option was El Coctelito; great food and great prices.

Friday February 14

Don woke me up to see a beautiful moon setting over a ship; it was just breathtaking!  After breakfast, we took off to Playa Palancar. There Don, my sister and I took the boat out and snorkeled Palancar and Columbia reefs. It was great; saw lots of beautiful coral and fish.

Valentine's dinner was at La Terraza; another one of our favorites.

Saturday Feb 15

Another wonderful breakfast and a morning snorkel before having to pack. Victor from Less Pay came over to the hotel so we could pay for the jeeps. After that, we made our way south of town to a place we go and have lunch (I can't remember the name) before we have to check in at the airport.

Another wonderful week at our favorite vacation destination. I had my new underwater digital camera and had a blast taking pictures with it. It is just amazing; snorkeling in the Caribbean at 9:00am and sleeping in my own bed by 9:30pm. Now, time to start planning the next trip.....

Random pics:

P2140209.jpg  P2140200.jpg  P2140196-Copy2.jpg  P2140191-Copy.jpg  P2140190.jpgP2140188.jpg

Cindy

#2 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

More random pics:

P2130177.jpg  P2120170.jpgP2130175.jpg  P2120160.jpg  P2110148.jpg  http://i16.photobuck...110070-Copy.jpgP2110072.jpgP2110090.jpgP2110094.jpgP2110097.jpgP2110098.jpgP2110105.jpgP2110106.jpgP2110107.jpgP2110110.jpgP2110118.jpgP2110119-Copy.jpgP2110133.jpg  P2110070-Copy.jpg P2090021.jpg  P2090020.jpg  P2090017.jpg

Cindy

#3 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Fabulous pics! I arrive tomorrow for 10 days! Can't wait. The winter here has been the longest and coldest that I can remember in a long time!

#4 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Great photos Cindy.  Glad you had a good time.  one week is not enough time so you will have to come longer next time.

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#5 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Well Betty, the last two years we have been there in February and July; not sure if I will be able to come back this July. But, in about 2 more years, our plans are to stay 2-3 months at a time. 

Fabulous pics! I arrive tomorrow for 10 days! Can't wait. The winter here has been the longest and coldest that I can remember in a long time!

My new little Olympus underwater digital camera; love it!

Cindy

#6 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Love your report and pics.  The beach waiter at Playa Azul (from the hotel side) are some of my favs!

#7 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Love your report and pics.  The beach waiter at Playa Azul (from the hotel side) are some of my favs!

Playa Azul is just a great place to stay and the entire staff is great.

Cindy

#8 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well Betty, the last two years we have been there in February and July; not sure if I will be able to come back this July. But, in about 2 more years, our plans are to stay 2-3 months at a time. 

My new little Olympus underwater digital camera; love it!

What model is your camera?  Great pics!  Thanks!

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#9 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

What model is your camera?  Great pics!  Thanks!

Olympus Stylus TG-2 iHS Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD  - I got mine off Amazon; here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQ2BTHK/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cindy

#10 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

We had 2 inches of snow here in Southwest Arkansas when we left the morning of Feb. 8th 

Cindy

#11 sherrintxs

sherrintxs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Great review and great pics, thanks for sharing.  Helps with the Cozumel withdrawls...I still have to wait til June :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users