4 replies to this topic

#1 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Had a couple of really enjoyable dinners at Especias in November and December of 2013 - particularly liked the balsamic glazed tuna. Made plans to go to dinner there tonight. Arrived at about 7:30 p.m. They were closed. Does anyone know anything? I recall reading that some restaurants had closed in light of the new tax laws that came into effect in the new year, but not certain of the specifics. At any rate, it is a shame, as I felt Especias had a nice vibe and some very tasty options.

Valli

#2 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

Just found out Especias is closed Wednesday. Never thought to check their Facebook page.

Valli

#3 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

I remember Especias when Adrian owned it. What is the menu and food like now? You said they have a web page - can you post a link.

Mike

#4 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

We went to New Especias two weeks ago.  We were 5.  They gave us all a small sample of their homemade peach wine.  Four of us ordered it.  We wanted a bottle, but they don't bottle it, so we got a pitcher.  Everybody loved their food.  I had the lionfish in a creamy noodle dish.  It wasn't on the menu that way, but it was what I had last May, and they remade it.  Great place! 

I don't have access to FaceBook on the work computer, so I can't link to that.  I googled them, and they don't seem to have a webpage.  There were a few Trip Advisor reports, that I didn't read.

#5 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Not certain that the Facebook page for Especias has the menu posted. But I enjoyed the peach wine and the tuna with balsamic glaze and toasted sesame. Both the Chicken Milanese and steak are also excellent.

Valli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users