• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kc

kc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

This will require hooking up to 220. Need some one to install mini-split, give me your best!!

Thanks

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

I would contact Nemecio at Cool Cozumel.

His FB page is:https://www.facebook.com/CoolCozumel

His cell number is:987-1014925

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

Just had a great experience with Nemecio at Cool Cozumel. He has been my next door neighbor for many years and has helped me satellite and internet.

When we bought our house 10 years ago it had no air conditioners so I installed four 24,000 window units one for the downstairs, and three for bedrooms upstairs. To fight the humidity problem we would normally keep one turned on and turn it up so that it would kick on and off throughout the day. We would run the others when we had company.

Last week I was working on remodeling a bedroom upstairs and had more plastic and tape than a triple homicide crime scene trying to keep the dust from covering the house. And of course one day into the project the downstairs AC unit goes out and to say that Donna was not a happy camper was an understatement. She was a good trooper but trying to sleep and being covered in sweat is just not easy.

I caught Nemecio as he was preparing to head off to work and told him of my impending demise if I didn't get some air going. He had one of his techs at our house by 10:30. He helped my take the old unit out and I helped him install the new unit. By around 3 p.m. we had air.

The tech left the unit on it's lowest setting 17. The next morning Donna was sitting at the desk covered up with a blanket and she told me she was cold. We have steadily moved the temp up to 24 which is about 75 degrees. The downstairs is very comfortable with no fans or dehumidifiers going,

We installed a 24,000 mini split with the inverter. This unit is suppose to be about 40 percent more efficient than a standard window unit. I have been watching the electric meter and it is definitely a lot slower. I just paid the electric bill a couple of days ago. It will be interesting to see how much of a decrease we actually have. One of biggest pluses is that you can actually have a conversation, watch television, or talk on the phone without having to yell or turn the volume up.

Just always like to pass on information abut folks who provide excellent service.

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

I haven't had air conditioning experience with him, but I have had a bit of satellite experience with him.

Could not be a nicer guy.  Last time he was out it was some stupid, minor thing that took him 2 seconds to fix.  He brought to 2 guys with him expecting it to be more.  He refused to charge me for it.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users