• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I've been seeing 59cent limes here in NorCal for over 3 months.... (normally 4-8/$1 depending on the season).  Then I saw a thread on TA about lime shortages in Mexico. Someone posted a link from Bloomberg News.... interesting! This is actually affecting the Mexican economy.

www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-20/margarita-fans-miffed-as-mexican-lime-growers-squeeze-supply.html

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Your right CC, it has affected the economy.  No crops, no income.  

All the reports I have read from credible sources  report the same info as the Bloomberg report you posted.

The shortage is tied to two problems in Mexico: a hoarding of supplies in the Mexican state of Michoacan and winter crop damage in southern Mexico. 

One of the major suppliers on the island that provides lime juice has had to order 4x as much product then before.  Now, of course there is a shortage of that.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Pirata Canadiense

Pirata Canadiense

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yeesh.... According to this people are stealing them now!  http://www.mexicogul...pretty-and.html

#4 tizzy144

tizzy144

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hola, we are visiting the island right now and tried to buy limes at the Mega and found nothing.  We a shopping tomorrow, anyone know if there might be any came in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users