I have a Platinum Level AAdvantage card and just checked my Member Benefits in my online account and this is what it says: Looking at all it say, I don't think I have a baggage fee!
- Travel with Privileges
- First checked bag is free for you and up to 4 travel companions traveling on the same reservation3 FIRST CHECKED BAG FREE: For benefit to apply, the Citi®/ AAdvantage® account must be open 7 days prior to air travel AND, reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage® number 7 days prior to air travel. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. Eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® primary cardmembers may check one bag free of charge when traveling to domestic destinations on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline Inc., or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. This benefit will not be available for travel US Airways flights or on codeshare flights booked with an AA flight number but operated by another airline. For the Citi® / AAdvantage ® card, up to four customers traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. This benefit cannot be combined with any existing AAdvantage® elite program benefits, including any waiver of baggage charges. Please see aa.com for baggage weight and size restrictions. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- And than I found this when I clicked the baggage information in my AA reservation: I bolded and underlined the line that applies to me with a AAvantage Platinum Level card.
The following passengers will be allowed a 1st and 2nd checked bag at no additional charge (for tickets purchased on or after April 8, 2014) provided it falls within the size and weight limitations. These free checked bag allowances apply on flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle and American Connection®. On flights operated by other carriers, different baggage charges may apply. Be sure to check your itinerary and receipt to see which airlines’ charges apply.
- For customers traveling to or from destinations in South America, Panama, El Salvador, China, Japan and South Korea
- Customers who purchase Business or First Class tickets (3 checked bag allowance)
- Active U.S. Military personnel traveling on orders (5 checked bag allowance) or personal travel (3 checked bag allowance)
- Active U.S. Military dependents traveling on orders
- American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum* or AAdvantage Platinum
- Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold
- oneworld alliance Emerald* and Sapphire
- Customers flying on the same reservation as an American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum* or AAdvantage Platinum member or oneworld alliance Emerald* or Sapphire member regardless of frequent flyer status or fare type (not applicable to group bookings)
- First and Business Class MileSAAver® Awards
- First and Business Class AAnytime® Awards
- First and Business Class upgrades confirmed prior to check-in
* AAdvantage Executive Platinum and oneworld Emerald members are eligible for up to three free checked bags.
Additionally, the following passengers will be allowed 1st and 2nd checked bag at no additional charge for tickets purchased before April 8, 2014:
- Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class
- AAdvantage Gold members, oneworld alliance Ruby members and Alaska Airlines MVP members
- Customers flying on the same reservation as an American Airlines AAdvantage Gold member or oneworld alliance Ruby member regardless of frequent flyer status or fare type (not applicable to group bookings)
- Economy Class AAnytime® Awards