• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Flev

Flev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

are there any public beaches that are walking distance from downtown and safe to swim in?

#2 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

No Name Bar out in Hotel Barracuda is where we spend our last day. Or walk through Jeannie's Waffle House to their beach. Beach is a relative term, some sand, but go in using the ladder.

#3 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

There is a beach across from the Army base housing that many of the locals use. I've never used it because there are no chairs or much shade. But on Sundays especially you will see many people there.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#4 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Walk about 10 Min south and you will come to an area where cars can cross on ferry .There is a lite house there. Small beach area there or walk a bit further and right next to La Hatche resturant is another beach with lounge chairs and small resturant

#5 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

There is a beach across from the Army base housing that many of the locals use. I've never used it because there are no chairs or much shade. But on Sundays especially you will see many people there.

Isn't this beach the area where that new "Caribbean Sunset" bar/grill place just opened up.  It is north of the museum/los cincos soles area.  Mexcelia did a blog on the place recently.  I include I link to her posting.  That would give a little shade and chairs to that beach.

http://mexcelia.com/...ribbean-sunset/

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yea, that is the old Love Cafe spot.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

The Ladies Breakfast was held recently at Caribbean Sunset and it was lovely.  You can go to the beach below and have shade and food/drinks....or you can go further north where they do not serve (so no tables or chairs or shade) and it is free.  It looks nice and yes Sunday would be very busy with the locals as there aren't too many free beaches left.

The owner said it was okay to bring our dogs as long as they lied quietly under the table.  That is possible with Missy but not Banjo so we'd have to go to the northern part.  LOL

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users