• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

There are tons of laundromats around, as well as drop off places, but you can also make it really easy on yourself while on vacation (or it's raining) and call Room Service.

They will ask you how many bags you have, and that determines what scooter with the small, covered box or the scooter with the large covered box will arrive.

They pick it up in the morning, and it will be back that afternoon.

The service charge is 25p's, plus the cost of the laundry.  (higher delivery fees south of the island)

Room service is not just for food deliveries.

They will pick up just about anything you need.  Groceries, medications, pay bills...

http://www.roomservicecozumel.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Don't even get me started on Room Service. I think they're one of the best businesses to have started on the island in the last couple of years.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

We need to applaud those business who do an outstanding job!

You can call direct, and ask for someone who speaks English, or you can go on FB and IM them.

If you don't know what your hungry for, they can make suggestions.

They are truly the CONCIERGES OF THE ISLAND. :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

This must be the best kept secret on the island then.  I've wanted a club sandwich (fries, etc.) from Palmeros a couple of times around 8:00 at night, but didn't want to change from my swim suit and take a cab there to get it.  This is great news to us!  Lorrie started to get a migraine last trip and she'd forgotten to bring her meds for that.  I took a cab round trip to the Mega pharmacy to get it.  It would have been faster if someone had brought it, and probably cheaper.  Thanks for the info & link!

David

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Trust us locals to find an easier way of doing things!

We have some great info on this site which we gladly share!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users