• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Lots of activities this year, and top notch performers.

https://www.facebook...tif_t=notify_me

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

I cannot believe I am actually giving up my 1st full day in cozumel which should be a beach day for the airshow, but have to make the husband happy.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

we go on the 18th.  That is the BIG DAY.

There will be transportation available from around Chedrui's to the airshow.  I have heard it's 25p's per person.  Taxi's will also be offering discounts for 4 person shared ride.

This is going to be a GREAT year.

Hope to see you there...

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

We're looking forward to going this year.  We've never been there when it was happening (or if we were, we didn't know it).  We're going to Ft. Worth tomorrow to watch the USAF Blue Angels!  This'll be my 4th time seeing them.  Amazing feats!

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Update:  Gates open at 9 am.

If the driver of the vehical is handicapped, a parking spot will be available close to the hanger.  

Anonymous

#6 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the update.

We will have the rental car and can certainly walk.  Although I hope it will not be super hot as it has only been 80's here and we have not acclimated yet.  Aw well, May in Mexico :)

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

it's about 1/3 mile walk from the gates to the event.  There are large trees all the way back, but I would take a small bottle of water with you.

You can wait for the bus at the gate to pick you up.  We end up walking it, it was faster!

Today, it's 86.

Anonymous

#8 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

We will walk.  Not the patient types - LOL!  

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Update on transportation, and general information for the Cozumel Airshow. May 17th &18th

Location of airshow. About 2 miles south of the International Pier. Gates open at 9am.
You can drive your car in to drop off passengers, but you must take the car out and park on the road.
If you are a handicapped driver you will be allowed to park at the venue.

Transportation will be available by bus or taxi from Chedrui's, and ferry pier. Taxi service to the aerodrome for 25 pesos per person (4 persons per taxi). This event is free of charge to enter. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.

Chairs and shade is plentiful.

Anonymous

#10 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the update.  We are on it!

#11 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

What a bummer since thats the weekend of the Fishing Tournament. Always like to see the big fish coming in to be weighed
And that starts sat/sun about 4-5pm is weighing time. Have so many friends that enter.
I believe this was the samething last year. Darn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users