• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

The information is directly from Hard Rock Corporation had the following notice on their site.

If you say it doesn't matter to you...that may be true.  It does matter to the employees, and people who enjoyed going.

"The following former Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations continue to operate without Hard Rock International’s permission after having their franchise agreements terminated. Hard Rock is pursuing legal means to close such unauthorized locations. In the meantime, we caution consumers when frequenting such rogue establishments that the quality of goods (such as the unauthorized merchandise) and services offered is no longer monitored by Hard Rock and may not meet Hard Rock’s standards that customers are familiar with and expect.

Acapulco, Mexico
Athens, Greece
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Nassau, Bahamas"

http://www.hardrock.com/cafes/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

The investment that has to be made for a franchise is not for the faint of heart.

All this owners investment is history.  I can understand, if he couldn't pay his franchise fees, how could he pay rent.

Take a look at the cost breakdown.  Scroll down to the bottom and it breaks the costs, and the percentage a franchise pays to corporate for the benefit for a international brand (these fees can be applied to most of the major international brand corporations)

https://www.hardrock...ab=requirements

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I assume this is the one on Melgar? There's another, newer one, but according to the website that one isn't official either.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Melgar is the one that was vacated/evicted.  The other one has the HUGE GUITAR of Hard Rock fame mounted at Royal Village Mall across from the International Pier.

The space has been built out for about a year now but no work has been done on building it out on the inside.  That would be up to the renter of the space.

Anonymous

#5 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

3 to 5 million total fees just to open.  I wonder how much revenue the average store generates per year to justify that kind of initial capital investment.

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Well that's cheap.  Ill just cut a check and start one.....   :P

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

The employees are camped out in front of the HD, demanding their stiffen based on years of service.

Some have been there for years.

In the "old days" being a tourist we would stop in to HR, have a good meal, dance on the bar and had so much fun.  Things change with time, and it appears HR ran it course.

Remember the short lived, Planet Hollywood?  

It disturbs me when I hear people cheer when a business fails.  Because it is a "foreign corporation"?   The reality is, it is a "foreign concept" that a local business person bought into.  

Having traveled, and worked in many different countries, I looked for familiar business brands.  I KNEW  I could purchase a Big Mac pretty much (except India) anywhere in the world.  I knew what it would taste like, and that I wouldn't have to guess what I was eating.

Anonymous

#8 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Just a question: is the Price of the  Hard Rock Café franchise in US Dollars...or in British pounds??? (if i remember correctly the first HRC is in London)

1 USD= 13.30 pesos.

1 BP=   19.50 pesos (estimated)

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

On the requirements site, is in US dollars.

The currency used would be associated with the country the franchise would be located.  If the question then is, "do they then convert it to US dollars"?  I have no idea.

What ever amount it is, is going to be BIG.

Anonymous

#10 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

hola de nuevo: brousing the local news i find out that the HRC is going to be evicted from Melgar dut to lack of payment of the rent---here is the link and the news:

Cozumelinsider.com/News

WHY CANT I COPY/PASTE? SOME RESTRICTIONS??

#11 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

Yes, they were, on Saturday I believe.

The owner of the building allowed them to take some of the t-shirts out.   It was reported in the rags, that the furniture and sound system was left.  Which would be some what of an asset to the owner of the building who was owed rent too.

Wonder what happened to the memorabilia?

Anonymous

#12 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Too bad for the employees.

The first time we ever went to Cozumel ?18 years ago?  We went to Hard Rock.  It was kind of a rite of passage.

#13 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

I guess that if someone really wants an expensive drink and over priced souviners they will have to make their way down to Margaritaville. We've had a few LATE nights at HR.

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#14 mike_s

mike_s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Well it had a good run of it at least.  We went a few times a loooong time ago but we went with friends who were employees so our bill food and drinks was next to nothing.   Thanks for the report Coz2Wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users