Atms At Cancun Airport And Credit Card For Ado

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

A friend of mine will be joining Claudia and I on our visit to Merida and Cozumel next week.  The plan is she takes the ADO bus from the Cancun airport to downtown Cancun, then the ADO bus from Cancun to Merida to meet up with us.  Two questions:

1.  are there ATM's in the Cancun airport (terminal 3) where she can get pesos for the bus?

2.  does the airport to downtown bus take US dollars?

3.  does the ADO station in downtown Cancun take US credit cards for fares to Merida?

4.  are there ATM's at the downtown Cancun ADO station where she can get pesos?

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Dan... as far as I know there are ATM'S in all the terminals.

You can pay in US dollars at the Cancun bus station.

I wouldn't count on them taking a credit card at the bus station but it might be possible.

I've never taken money from an ATM at the bus station and can't recall it there are any although I would assume there are. If not there are ATM'S across the street at the OXXO.

Best bet is to get pesos at the airport. From what I remember they are down by the washrooms.

#3 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

There is a Santander ATM in Terminal 3 across from the customs area (outside the customs area.)

Bus tickets may be purchased in dollars.

ADO accepts credit cards online but not sure about in stations. It's a good bet that they do but I would be prepared for them not to. US issued cards are accepted in MX, no problem and best to advise the US bank before using here. ADO accepts only VISA & MasterCard.

Do not know re ATM's at ADO Cancun..

#4 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Dan depending on the time of day she gets into CUN AP...., she can get a bus to Merida without going into Cancun Centro....., at least 1 ATM in Cancun Bus station.    Check ADO for: Cancun Aeropuerto, Q. R. - Merida Fiesta Americana, Yuc

#5 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

Dan depending on the time of day she gets into CUN AP...., she can get a bus to Merida without going into Cancun Centro....., at least 1 ATM in Cancun Bus station.    Check ADO for: Cancun Aeropuerto, Q. R. - Merida Fiesta Americana, Yuc

Thanks for that info.  She gets in at noon so the 1:30 bus from the airport to Merida - Fiesta American could work well for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users