• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Do you recomend it? how many stars you give it?

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'd give it a 1, and that's being generous. Sad to say, it used to be one of my favorite places to eat.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 alma

alma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

We go there at least once every time we visit and were last there in February, 2014.  We could not disagree more!  I'm wondering what happened to result in such a negative review.  If you are interested in lobster, this is the best place to go.  The lobster is the best on the island and, if I could, I would guarantee it!    As with other places, make sure you pick the lobster and confirm the price before ordering.  Omar is a wonderful host and the prices are very reasonable.  We have also had the best king crab ever at Lobsteria but you must order it a day in advance to make sure they have one.

#4 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Cold, flavorless food. Hideous service - basically ignored. Took forever for the food to come out, with multiple orders wrong. What I ordered was not what was prepared despite the description on the menu and the waiter argued with me even after showing him what the menu said. Two at our table had not received their food by the time the rest of us were finished. The drinks were all poorly prepared by the bartender. Yes, we were a table of 8, but we were literally the only table in the place that was occupied. I don't think much else could go badly, and as I said, the star rating of 1 was generous. Sounds like you got lucky Alma, or you have a great relationship with the owners. I usually give a restaurant 2 or 3 tries, but this is an exception.

Kandy

#5 alma

alma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Sorry you had such a bad experience.  I wonder if Omar was there that night?  If so, I cannot imagine that he would ever treat you like that.  We have no personal relationship with him; just frequent customers at the restaurant.  He has often given us free desserts and is extremely prompt and considerate in attending to the tables.  I do agree that even our favorite restaurants have been a disappointment occasionally but the "lobster eaters" of my family have always raved about Lobsteria and prefer it compared to others we have tried.

#6 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Alma, I am a SERIOUS lobster eater, so I understand. And I once would have recommended NOTHING above La Lobsteria. I don't know what happened. I'm very glad that your experiences continue to be good ones, though!

Kandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users