1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

You have to start out at the beginning so I took a non-stop flight to Cancun from Chicago on Air-Tran for $180. It didn't take long to get thru customs but I got stopped trying to get a few things in and had to pay duty. Terminal 2 and 3 are basically the same. You walk out of the terminal and turn right then walk all the way down to where the busses are. You purchase the bus ticket right there. Usually to downtown Cancun or Playa. There is also a bus to Merida one or two times a day. 

DSCF0301-Copya_zpsec585f8d.jpg

Now days everyone has the same color or style of luggage so you should mark it in a way that is easy to identify. The bus to Playa comes about every 45 minutes so don't worry if it's not there when you arrive.

DSCF0303-Copya_zps9bc1d039.jpg

If you are arriving between noon and 1pm don't expect to make it to Playa in time to catch the 3:00pm ferry unless you get thru customs really quick and a bus is there and waiting for you. The ferry's have a break at that time and you won't get on until 6:00pm so take your time and don't rush. Ultramar still has live music on the crossing and the trip over is very nice and relaxing.

20140428_3-Copya_zps1e3beb95.jpg

Arriving on Cozumel at sunset does wonders for you especially after escaping a cold winter.

20140428_2-Copya_zps973e628e.jpg

Cruise ships even seem to make a nice backdrop for a photo along with the warm air and humidity. The color and sound of the water also make you feel like it was a good idea to get away.

20140428_3-Copya_zps1e3beb95.jpg

After arriving and getting settled in we went out for dinner. I recommended going to La Rumba as I  had heard good reviews about the place on the boards. I thought the food was fine and prices reasonable and the music good but the people I was with thought the live music was to loud for such a small place. I had to agree with them because you couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling at each other. I think the place is worth a try but couldn't talk anyone into going back again. First days are really rough so it was time to go home and sleep.

20140428_4-Copya_zps84801a39.jpg

#2 2cozlovers

2cozlovers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Diving, living the good life!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Steve, always enjoy your pictures and post. Will be flying in next week for eight days. Looking forward to when we can stay extended time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users