3 replies to this topic

#1 John I

John I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

http://htlrentals.co...llery-details-6

I was looking at this car to rent for 19 days in October.  Anyone know the reputation of this place?  Also, they claim to have collision and liability included.  I am open to other suggestions.  I just want to be as economical as possible and still be safe.

Thanks
John

#2 segarn

segarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Hey John,
Have mixed reviews for HTL:

- We used HTL for a 3 week rental In Feb. and had no issues. The car was a brand new Hyundai/Dodge (gotta love Mexico lol) and everything worked...a/c, radio, etc. They did have full insurance but I cannot recall what the deductible was...but always get insurance in Mex. They also delivered and picked up the car.
- My mother-in law spent the winter in Coz and attempted to rent a Jeep from HTL after my wife & I returned home. The steering wheel was jacked sideways & was impossible to drive. After a heated discussion with the HTL rep as he felt there was nothing wrong, he left with the Jeep & she rented from Isis.
- She did try them again later and ended up renting the same car we originally had for 1 wk and again had no issues.

They were cheaper than ISIS for the car rental but I would not bother with their Jeeps. Just be careful to fully inspect the vehicle before the rep leaves.

S

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I also just scanned the reviews on a  tourist site, and think you can do better elsewhere.

My son rented a car from ISIS for the past two week, it wasn't pretty (not the VW Bug), but it worked.

You have lots of choices of nicer cars from Hertz, Avis, Blueway.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 John I

John I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm really looking for anything with three seats, air would be nice but not really a necessity usually for October.  I don't mind a standard transmission either.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users