• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I love Chinese Pizza.  I go the simple route, and make it with just scallions, but so many options to use.

My Dipping sauce that I make is to die for. 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/8 cup water Optional 1 or 2 teaspoon of soy sauce.

http://specialforkbl...avorite-things/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

The recipe for the Chinese pizza sounds good.  I've got a quick question on the dipping sauce, because it sounds good also:  Is the "Optional" for the water or sauce?

The recipe for the Chinese pizza sounds good.  I've got a quick question on the dipping sauce, because it sounds good also:  Is the "Optional" for the water or sauce?

Sorry!  "Soy sauce"

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

on the scrap of paper I can barely read, it would be the soy that was optional.  I'm making them this week, so I'll confirm the soy.  If your doing it today, I can whip up some to test.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

on the scrap of paper I can barely read, it would be the soy that was optional.  I'm making them this week, so I'll confirm the soy.  If your doing it today, I can whip up some to test.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm not in that big of a rush.  I was just thinking the dipping sauce would be good for a lot of other things I grill also.  Just in a larger quantity.  Just let us know the next time you make it.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi Paula,

I'm grilling a pork loin this evening and plan to make your dipping sauce.  I'm tripling the recipe.  Question:  Should I make it now and let it sit in the fridge or is it better to make it while the meat's cooking?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users