• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

I saw on another board that a new Westin Hotel is being built in the northern Hotel Zone. Just curious as to the exact location and if anyone knows about the construction schedule. We'll be at the Coral Princess in November as usual and I just want to know if we will be dealing with construction traffic. They say it will be 156 rooms - pretty good size hotel for Coz.

Mike

#2 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

The site is the old Sol Cabanas....just next to and north of Playa Azul

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

If the hotel is built, it will be next door to Bucanno's. 

"If" is always in the cards.  Change is always a possibility.  Might be the Westin today, tomorrow who knows.

Will it be 156 rooms, maybe, maybe not.

It's like rain, hard to predict.

So, lets assume something is going to be built on that site, you are a good distance from there to the CP.  Will there be truck traffic, I am sure there will be.

How will it effect you as a guest? I think pretty minimal, unless you are staying in the "jungle view" room.  

Went by the Fiesta American yesterday.  The hotel rooms (looked like more then 75%) have the glass sliders in place.  I hope it's a different color then the ugly blue that part of the building is painted.  The entrance to the hotel is full of scaffolding.  Tons of new sand plies on the beach side.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

We were in the the area for the last 2 weeks.  We had to wait 1 time for a truck/crane to pull into the site, but it didn't take long.  Maybe 2 minutes.  They were doing some road work on the west side of the road further down and they detoured south bound traffic to the east side of the road and it was 1 lane each way, but it was a very small distance.  It didn't slow us down much.  I wouldn't worry about the traffic.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

In late May they were definitely working when we were snorkeling at Playa Azul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users