7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

During one of the weeks we went on a hunt for a good pizza on Cozumel. We came up with 4 choices: Rolandi's, Ohana's, La Cocay, and Guidos. By talking to other people we eliminated Rolandi's as no one thought it worth the money.

Our first pizza was at Ohana's. At $200 pesos for a basic 8" deep dish pizza it was a little expensive but very good. They only serve deep dish pizza and have a special once a week for $150 pesos. Four slices to the pizza and should feed 3 people. They are located on 5th. between 6th.and 8th. Their is also garden dining out back, I forgot a photo of the pizza.

DSCF0471a_zpsc1b594df.jpg

DSCF0473a_zpsd90910e3.jpg

Next was La Cocay. Their pizza ran an average of $140 pesos for a 16" cut into 8 slices. Their pizza was very good but I didn't like the purple onion. The pizza should feed 3 people. They also have dining outside. Located between 10th. and 15th on 8th.

DSCF0572a_zps7cc656a9.jpg

DSCF0574a_zpse4d22637.jpg

Finally Guidos. Their pizza ran around the same as La Cocay. A 16" thin crust cut into 8 slices. Very good pizza and should feed 3 people. Outdoor dining also. Located on Melgar between 6th and 8th.

DSCF0599a_zpse0f91d5a.jpg

DSCF0600a_zps3549b3aa.jpg

DSCF0601a_zps5aa8de0e.jpg

I thought Ohana's was the best but I prefer a thin crust pizza so have to go with Guido's.  For a pizza in Mexico you can't really go wrong with any of the three restaurants.

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Awesome.  A pizza report.  I do like a little Ohana pizza.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

We've always been a fan of Mosaicoz's pizza on the square.  Theirs is thin crust.  We always ask for extra crispy.  I think it is 90 pesos and for us, we can split it among the two of us.  We also like sitting on the square and people watching.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#4 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

We've always been a fan of Mosaicoz's pizza on the square.  Theirs is thin crust.  We always ask for extra crispy.  I think it is 90 pesos and for us, we can split it among the two of us.  We also like sitting on the square and people watching.

Ditto on Mosaicoz! Love their brick oven pizza! And, they have Dr. Pepper!

Cindy

#5 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Has anyone run into pesto sauce as an alternative to tomato at any pizza places?

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

You know it has been a while, but I had pizza at Fratellis that pretty good.  Diagonally across from El Fish.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I prefer a thin crust pizza and I agree the pizza at O'hana's is very good. One evening my friend had brought his nephew over- he is in his early teens and I ordered pizza from Nino's to be delivered. It was really good. More like the traditional type. I rarely eat pizza, so can't vouch for pesto being substituted, but I would guess La Cocay could be an option.

Valli

#8 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the tip Valli - I'll be there in <2 weeks to check it out - woo hoo! And thanks to Steve for posting another of his great reports!

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users