• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Every Friday from 9 am until noon the local organic gardeners set up a table in La Perlita's.  I purchased homemade Coconut Oil, lettuces, peppers, and eggplant.  It is always changing depending on what veggies have matured.  

They also sell starter plants.  I bought a Mex Spinach plant.

Bring small bills, and change.  Each person sells their own goods.

10364134_777490328949090_809618436907780

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

OK a little help please.  Is this the restaurant up around 65 that has the lionfish.  I've heard good things about it but when we were down in Feb we spent so much time looking for it we got hungry and turned around and went to La Choza's.  I told Linda next time we'll just take a taxi.  Anyway, 6 of us are coming down in July and want to try it.  We've been coming down about 17 years and I know my way around but not real familiar with that area.  Can you give a gringo simple directions from town.  Thanks Ron

#3 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

This will help you...., La Perlita Restaurant; http://www.laperlita...m/eng/about.php

#4 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

La Perlita is on 10 North. Between Ave 65 Bis and Ave 70.  65 Bis is the street after 65. I walked to it, but depending on where you are starting out, taking a cab sounds wise. Kind of like finding El Moro. Easy to walk back once you find it.

I went last year for Thursday lunch - 2x1 Lionfish! -  with Chef Josefina. J was over the moon when they served us eggplant on the plate. Evidently it is not a common veg to be found. Lots of discussion followed with the owner about their organic garden/farm located further inland on the island. I will make sure she sees this...  if she doesn't already know. Thanks for posting.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#5 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks,  Looking at the map it now looks easy.  We'll make sure we find it this time. . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users