5 replies to this topic

#1 bike1962

bike1962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

New to the forum.  I have been to Cozumel a dozen times.  Most of the trips were cruises.  Last year, we stayed  week @ the Hotel Cozumel (wonderful trip) and you could flush TP down the toilets.  We are considering booking the Iberostar or the Occidental Grand this time (we want a beach and my wife wants to be able to do 1 tank dives since I don't dive) and we have heard that those properties (at the opposite end of the island) don't have the plumbing systems to be able to flush TP?  This is not a deal breaker, but certainly something we here in the states are not used to doing.  Can anyone comment if this is true or not?  Thanks in advance.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

the south end of the island uses septic tanks, which are pumped out.

It is then taken to the sewage treatment plant for process.  

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 bike1962

bike1962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

First of all, thanks for the reponse.  So, is it safe to say that the properties in and near the downtown area have no "flushing restrictions"?

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

that may not be the case.   Most places, south, central, east side and north end PREFER you to use the waste basket.

If there is not a sign directing you to the waste basket, then feel free.

My son just stayed at the Coral Princess on the north end, and they did not have any restrictions in the bathroom.

I'll add one though, how would they know if you threw TP in the toilet anyway?  Don't think it's traceable.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Its been a few years, but when we stayed at Ibero and the Grand, there were no signs and we FLUSHED!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#6 bike1962

bike1962

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Thanks again.  Enough said.  Lets flush this topic :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users